Backstage Notes On SmackDown Throwback Special

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Jimmy Uso returned on last night’s SmackDown Throwback special after being out with a knee injury since last year’s WrestleMania. Uso sustained his injury during a Triple Threat Ladder Match with Kofi Kingston and John Morrison. Jimmy has been cleared for in-ring action, according to PWInsider.

It was also reported Aleister Black initially had a vignette that was set to air on Friday’s episode, but was pulled last-minute due to time constraints.

WWE Hall of Famer Teddy Long also appeared SmackDown to announce a stipulation for Cesaro and Seth Rollins’ match. Cesaro went on to win the match and is now set to face WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Backlash on May 16. The report mentioned Long’s appearance was just a one-off for the special, but the roster loved having him at the show.

As noted, Pat McAfee did an impersonation of Vince McMahon that didn’t end up airing because of creative changes, according to McAfee. The video was put out as a Network exclusive.

You can check out last night’s full results here.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/05/backstage-notes-on-smackdown-throwback-special/

They could have at least cut Bayley/Bianca's segment to 4 mins. It was too long and that way Black's vignette would have gotten air time.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I love bayley and this last year for her has been great but everything with bianca so far has been lame. She just comes out and fake laughs for a bit and then gets hit or hits someone. I don't really understand it.

Reactions: Buffy

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I love bayley and this last year for her has been great but everything with bianca so far has been lame. She just comes out and fake laughs for a bit and then gets hit or hits someone. I don't really understand it.
Same as I. I really loved what Bayley did for the Smackdown Woman's Division since 2019 of her being traded there through the superstar shake up. She and Sasha alone carried the division last year and a bit of Raw once Becky/Charlotte left. This thing with Bianca, I honestly don't like her. This whole thing is just interesting to me. Her feud with Sasha for a full month was lackluster and this here is just boring to me. Bianca is much better as a heel then a face.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bayley won't get over unless she wears shorts.....Bianca took the hint this week.

Bayley
tenor.gif