Backstage news on Paul Heyman's WWE status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it'd be safe to assume he returns....January? With bork and they both get run through before we get to see punk/bork...again.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it'd be safe to assume he returns....January? With bork and they both get run through before we get to see punk/bork...again.

This rematch isn't happening. It didn't draw the first time, no way will they book a rematch of it for their biggest show of the year. One of the main reasons they booked HHH/Brock again for WM29 wasn't just HHH's ego or the fact that they thought it made kayfabe sense to have HHH get revenge on Lesnar but rather the fact that the first match drew big at Summerslam 2012, something Punk/Lesnar failed to do (as much as I enjoyed the build and match, personally.) The beat downs that Heyman received from Punk were a good enough way to end the Punk/Heyman rivalry without having to bring Brock back into it. Punk needs to feud with the Authority next, and more specifically, with Orton. I like the idea of Heyman remaining off TV until Lesnar returns next year.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Kind've happy about that. The storyline with Heyman was pretty bad and I'm not sure if it's cause who he was working with, but that entire thing needed to end.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's good to see Heyman away from them. I'd be fine with him managing someone new (if they pick well this time), but him returning with Brock would be cool too.

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Whaaaa? No Paulrus on The Hoff's television? Blasphemy! Damn you Vinnie Mac. :kiss: Oh well, guess it is for the best. I just wish they had some sort of confrontation with Ryback/Heyman, to kinda plant the seeds for a Bork/Ryback feud down the road. Oh well. I'll miss ya Pauly.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Sounds cool, even though Heyman on commentary would be nice too, but whatever.

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think he should come back with a diva (maybe Paige?) and destroy the divas division. Might make the Divas division slightly credible again.
At first when you said this I didn't buy it, but after thinking about it, I can kind of see the possibility now with him supposedly being in Europe for a while. It would make sense for him to show up with Paige, saying he found here while he was over there. Plus with him being more around the Divas, it takes the focus away from his past feud with Punk and the connections to Ryback and Axel.

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Heyman manageing Paige yes make this happen Paige is the saviour of the divas division this girl has grown up in a family wrestling business and starting training very young she knows the business and if WWE actually gave her a chance she would be fucking awesome

Reactions: Pratchett

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Paige is overrated. Dear lord give Heyman someone good and male. Needs more than just Brock.

Reactions: Roi and the_hoff

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Paige is overrated. Dear lord give Heyman someone good and male. Needs more than just Brock.
Who would really make a good Heyman guy though? Axel was a flop, Cryback was a flop as well. Maybe Barrett? Could work I suppose

Kio

Jobber
Reaction score
Maybe if they did a build-up feud for the Rock and Brock at WM 30, the last time it was awesome maybe again and it'll be a memorable Wrestlemania match. I'd lov it!