Backstage News On CM Punk From Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
cm-punk-2-300x146.jpg

- CM Punk’s apparent blade job on Monday’s RAW was being talked about backstage among the wrestlers, according to PWInsider. They added that Punk continuing to refer to himself as a wrestler, being a hardcore heel to Jerry Lawler and bleeding in the main event has led to hope that part of RAW will start to have a harder edge to it.

-PWMania

Not a bad idea imo..

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Leo C said:
I still think he bled accidentaly.

:laugh:

Who knows. Still cool to see that they want to spice it up a little.

bogeysloop

Jobber
Reaction score
The cut seemed too jagged to be a blade job...blades cut clean. Cut out the staples pic on Twitter...

jarvis1620

Jobber
Reaction score
ajlee need to put ryback and lord tensie in a match this Monday night as the main event

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:
That's good I suppose. Hope to see more aggressive side of Punk.

Hopefully a little more aggression from more of the heels. I've noticed ADR is a little more aggressive.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
They're not going away from PG anytime in the near future. It's too expensive in terms of lost sponsor/advertising dollars to leave TV-PG and go TV-14. As it is they're TV-PG and will stay that way.

Having said that, I, too, am seeing more aggression and a bit more realism from the characters in WWE, particularly the heels. For what it's worth, I believe Punk had a legit cut to the top of his head (blade jobs are cleaner and easier to stitch up, usually not requiring staples, if they require any stitching at all). The fact that he was immediately tweeting about it and it's been so widely discussed among the fanbase suggests that WWE is going to be worrying less about blood. Remember, in the end, they're supposed to be professional fighters and CM Punk has led the way in this, followed closely by guys like Daniel Bryan and ADR.

As usual, it's the heels that drive the bus in innovation in WWE (not just WWE, they do it in TNA, ROH, and every other pro wrestling promotion, as well; we're just talking about WWE here). Hopefully, this is a sign that WWE will show a harder edge on its characters.

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That's true, nowadays it's like "oh my he called himself a wrestler :hardcore:"

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Leo C said:
That's true, nowadays it's like "oh my he called himself a wrestler :hardcore:"

Ha, that made me chuckle, I think it's a complete joke that they have to call themselves "Superstars".