Backstage news on Christian's TNA appearance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As noted before, Christian’s appearance at TNA Slammiversary was indeed part of WWE and TNA’s deal put together a few months back that allowed Ric Flair to appear at the Hall of Fame. WWE very carefully controlled what Christian was and was not allowed to say at the pay-per-view.

Christian got along well with everyone there but did not want to be there. He told people it was surreal to be there and he expected no heat from within WWE. When WWE and TNA were putting the deal together, Christian wanted no part of it. He was strongly advised to cooperate after WWE began to advertise Flair for the Hall of Fame.

WWE would have allowed TNA to promote the appearance on their live go-home episode of Impact Wrestling but Dixie Carter instead chose to keep the announcement off TV and take it to Twitter, hoping to get the internet buzzing on the Friday before Slammiversary.

PWMania

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
sounds like an underground slave trading business :lol1:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It is silly that they didn't even advertise him for the event. And what did he even do, announce the date that Sting debuted with the company? WOW

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Read this b4 you Crayo, but didn't bother to post it. :baws: Thanks btw for letting me know about PWMania, they're cool so far.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
It's nice Dixie can be civil about this and that Christian is loyal and professional to WWE here

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I thought his appearance was pretty boring and a bit of a waste. Might have had something to do with the restrictions WWE put on him, but who knows.

This coming from a long time Christian mark

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Crayo said:
They're beasts. Might try and strike a partnership with them. #BusinessSideOfCrayo

Please don't do business with them. You'll drove them out it because you constantly drop the ball! #GodSavePWMania

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He didn't look very in to it when he showed up so this didn't really suprise me.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, he only did it because he had to. He didn't want to do it, so it makes sense that his segment wasn't very good or whatever. Must feel weird to do something like that.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Crayo said:
How unfriendly. :downer:

Mission accomplished!
beer-stein_24.png

CMPuLs3

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that he didn't want to be there. I mean, the company gave him the opportunity to have his name on the list of greats that have held the NWA Heavyweight Championship. It sounds like he might be nearing the end of his career.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Christian left WWE in 2005. Also of course you will be uncomfortable showing up at a major event for a rival company when your boss is Vince McMahon.

Reactions: Aids Johnson