Backstage Fallout for June 25, Swagger, Dolph and ADR

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Swagger teasing a face turn?

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
anyone else think swagger could pull off a JBL gimmick looking at him in the backstage segment? O.O he definitely need to get rid of that one piece thingy attire and go for trunks

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Creative really needs to heel up the promos they write for Dolph. He sounds like a face almost every time he talks.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Creative really needs to heel up the promos they write for Dolph. He sounds like a face almost every time he talks.

Yeah. And honestly the dialogue itself is the major problem but how he says it. If he was more aggressive in his way of saying it he would sound much more heelish

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I actually quite enjoy Dolph as he is just now. They just need to get rid of Vickie and he's playing a really good tweener role to be honest. If they put him against a face he can get himself booed unless it's Sheamus, and if they put him up against heels he will easily outpop them. It would make perfect sense if Vickie wasn't there.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
I actually quite enjoy Dolph as he is just now. They just need to get rid of Vickie and he's playing a really good tweener role to be honest. If they put him against a face he can get himself booed unless it's Sheamus, and if they put him up against heels he will easily outpop them. It would make perfect sense if Vickie wasn't there.

I agree, but obviously Vickie is messing up the idea that he could be a tweener at this point.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Swagger will probably turn face soon, considering that interview. Ziggler does sound like a face.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
what is with the whole swagger jobbing to everyone lately?
hes far to talented to be getting squashed week in week out
i mean santino? come on?
yes santino is entertaining but is he at the point where he is squashing former world champions

Stopspot

Reaction score
army_george said:
what is with the whole swagger jobbing to everyone lately?
hes far to talented to be getting squashed week in week out
i mean santino? come on?
yes santino is entertaining but is he at the point where he is squashing former world champions

I am also perplexed. I know Swagger got punished for growing over confident when he was pushed back in 09-10. But one would think that they would have eased up by now. He is easy money if booked correctly. One of their better ring workers and I have long propagated a face turn for him. He would get over easily with a revived all American gimmick as a face.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
i agree he is a very sound ring worker.. but he has been getting punished for a while now.. i mean he did the whole michael cole storyline last year and now hes on an epic losing streak
besides the fact that its wrong to keep him down like that, it looks bad having a world champion getting beat up consistently

and i know he isnt great on the mike... given his speech impedement and all but thats what managers are for.. thats what i thought the whole vickie thing was all about... apparently i was wrong

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
See i dislike Swagger but I do agree that he is really being victimised atm constantly buried or used to help get someone else where they are going. They need to sort him and soon as losing Vickie has hurt him and this could be the time to make him over and bring him back with a improved gimmick and version of the all american american and be a badass.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
he really is just a rehatched angle.. and i remember after the whole head shaving incident with angle he came back with the mouth guard and he just looked more intense and focussed... i think it was late 2005-2006 he got this push.... it was majorly effective and he got over as a mean son of a bitch... it worked for angle why not swagger

Stopspot

Reaction score
What Swagger needs is a clear face turn in front of the people and a more intense and aggressive ring style. The later he has teased during RAW's and PPV's to positive reactions so give him that and a face turn of the attitude ECW Swagger had. Swagger was balling in ECW.