Backstage concern over Storm as champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

– While many in the locker room are happy for James Storm capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, according to one wrestler, there is more faith in Bobby Roode as champion over “The Tennessee Cowboy.â€￾ Concern also lingers about Storm being “too Southernâ€￾ to represent TNA.
This has to be some fake report or something to say something as stupid as Storm being too southern to rep TNA considering TNA is southern based as it was created in Nashville.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I guess the beer drinking and his accent which is apart of his appeal anyways. Shit just don't make any sense since it's not like the guy is gonna be on late night talk shows promoting TNA since I can't remember the last time a TNA world champion was on mainstream t.v promoting TNA.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
drinking bear and his accent :lmao, what i don't get if he is too Southern to represent the company why put the belt on him. That why i think this must be fake.

Starbuck

Reaction score
Let the homegrown talent wear the belt, why does anybody give a fuck if he's too southern? He's got knowledge of the sport or would somebody in the back rather somebody too ignorant for the company run with the title?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Storm responded to it.

James Storm has responded to an online report stating that some people within TNA Wrestling consider him “too southern” to represent the organization as World Heavyweight Champion.

He tweeted Tuesday, “I think it’s awesome that I’m to “southern”. It makes me….ME. So to the people who don’t like it… Sorry about you damn luck. And a little FYI it’s not to southern, it’s to redneck and the are beer drinking rednecks all over THE WORLD not just the south.”

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This just sounds like a crazy rumour to me.

I thought that the story was going to be that people were worried about Storm as champion simply because TNA did nothing to build him as champion. TNA did everything they could to build Roode for the title and then he failed whereas they did nothing to push to the fans that Storm was title material. I think that TNA made a mistake in swerving everyone because they have hurt Roode's momentum. Storm should have become champion eventually but after he feuded with Roode over the title.