• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Back in Business Post Night Two Press Conference

Comeback Kid

The atmosphere is tense as reporters and cameras fill the hotel ballroom, eagerly awaiting the arrival of a professional wrestler. The room buzzes with anticipation, and the sound of hushed whispers fills the air. Suddenly, the doors swing open, and in strides, Shawn Summers dressed in a tailored black Tom Ford suit. His face is marked with bruises, sweat still glistening on his forehead, and he moves with a slight limp, showing the signs from his intense match with Tommy.

The assembled reporters quickly rise to their feet, flashes of cameras firing off like fireworks, capturing the moment. Shawn stands at the podium, his eyes scanning the crowd before he finally speaks, his voice a deep rumble that demands attention.

Shawn Summers: "Sorry for the delay, folks. It's been a tough night."

A reporter starts to raise their hand to ask a question, but Shawn raises his hand, stopping them before they can utter a word.

Shawn Summers: "Please, hold your questions for now. You'll have more than enough time to ask questions once I'm done"

The room falls silent, and Shawn takes a deep breath, steeling himself for what he's about to say.

Shawn Summers: "I've been in this business for a long time, and it's been an incredible journey. I've fought with every ounce of strength in me, pushed my body to its limits, and I've loved every second of it."

His eyes briefly light up with the passion he still holds for wrestling, but then the weariness takes over, and he continues.

Shawn Summers: "But as much as I love this sport, it takes a toll, physically and mentally. And I've reached a point where I can no longer ignore that toll."

He raises his Television championship belt, his grip on it tight yet pained.

Shawn Summers: "I've reached a point where I can no longer ignore that this business isn't the same business that I fell in love with. It's changed. It's become a place that I'm not sure Shawn Summers is welcome in. That is whay I'm taking an indefinite leave of absence from professional wrestling. I need to step back, take time to heal, and reevaluate where I stand."

Murmurs ripple through the room, shock and disbelief painted on the faces of the reporters.

Shawn Summers: "I know this might not be the news you wanted to hear, and I'm sorry for that. But I owe it to myself, my family, and this business to be honest about my limits and my position."

He takes a moment, his gaze drifting off to a distant place, perhaps contemplating his decision.

Shawn Summers: "As for the Television championship, I can't in good conscience hold onto it while I'm away. So, I'm vacating the title, effective immediately."

The gravity of his decision sinks in, and the room falls into a heavy silence. Shawn places the belt on the podium, a symbol of his sacrifice.

Shawn Summers: "I want to thank everyone, the fans, my fellow wrestlers, and the entire wrestling community for their support throughout my career. This isn't farewell forever, but rather a 'see you later.'"

He nods, acknowledging the impact of his words, and begins to step away from the podium, his face displaying a mix of emotions.

Shawn exits the stage, leaving behind a room filled with stunned silence and the vacant Television championship belt. The weight of his absence already felt by everyone present.​

OOC: This last year of FWA has been rough for me. In moments where I should've been proud of my accomplishments with Summers, I found myself feeling bummed out and unmotivated. After some reflection, I came to the conclusion that Shawn Summers isn't a character that can work in the current FWA. I'm putting Summers on the shelf as an active roster member for the time being. I plan to conclude his story in four pieces throughout the remainder of the year.

I want to end by saying that working with Tommy was an amazing experience, and I don't think a better ending to our feud could've been written.

Last edited:

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
OOC:
I’m only clicking love because of the last sentence. I’ve known this was coming for a bit, and have tried to talk CBK out of it. But, with the amount of work that he’s put in, both with his character (one of the best, if not the best, heels an efed has ever seen) and the other stuff he does, he’s earned a break.

CBK and I started mapping this feud out a few weeks before Grand March. What resulted is the most enjoyable stretch of efedding I’ve ever got to be a part of.

Tommy Bedlam isn’t the same character he was when this story started, and a lot of that is because of the man behind Shawn Summers. And I’m not the same writer I was, and that’s also because of the man behind Shawn Summers.

I’m fucking gutted that this is how Summers hits the shelf. It legit kills me to see this character ride off, and I hope CBK has a change of heart.

Publicly, I wanna thank you for working so hard to get a cowboy character over. I’m glad I got to be a part of this Midsummer Production, friend.

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
I know we haven't always gotten along, but I want you to know that I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for you as a writer, graphics designer, and member of the FWA Community. Have always, and will always. And I hope this isn't the end and you just need some time to take a breather and come back to it when you're ready.

But in that time, however long it is, your value for all of those things will be tremendously missed. I hope that we keep getting to at least enjoy the way you engage with the community through your podcasts, show reads, graphics, and more.

You are truly amongst the best when it comes to writing in this fed, and I mean that 100%.