Awesome Kong WWE Promo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]JdhY4beRY-g[/YOUTUBE]

This promo was shown this week on RAW. Obviously this is promoting the debut of Awesome Kong. No word yet on what she will be called but hopefully that will be announced in the near future.

I liked the video since it shows what we all expect to see from Kong. She isn't the normal Diva that looks like a Barbie and she will come in and take them apart. I also like that she is coming in as a heel which is the only way she can debut.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not too bad, it gives away very little, and has a sinister air to it which is kind of what you want from your first WWE promo. But it is quite standed of theirs too, I think they should build on it, and air sevenal more, each getting longer up until the point of Kong's debut.

Seak

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of the original Mankind promos by how it was shot. I'm a huge fan of Kongs work and she will only bring great matches to the Divas division. Kong vs Gail Kim, Beth, or Natalya could be amazing and really step up the Divas division.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Kong is going to do well. I can see her actually wrestling some men if she wanted too, but she will do well and hopefully make the diva division interesting. Right now the only interesting thing in that division is Laycool, but they are on a brand that I barely watch.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Woah, such a great promo...great way to build her as a heel, just owning the doll and making her look like a monster....can't wait to see her in a WWE ring, causing havok.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How many of these videos do you think we will get before she debuts? Sin Cara was promoted for around a month before he actually appeared live on tv. I expect to see at least two more videos showing a bit more of Kong and also revealing her new name.

Guano

Reaction score
Its a very interesting promo to begin with, because Awesome Kong doesn't seem to fit into what a lot of people would consider a "Diva" and this promo sets her out from the rest. It also introduces her as a monster and something to be feared and is going to be a new force to be reckon with in WWE's Diva division, so I am excited for what WWE has planned for her. Other than that she's becoming a new spokesperson for Mattel?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
With the recent set of Diva champions, this could only mean that Kong would play a heel for marks and a savior for smarks. Beating up on these Barbie doll bitches would make for good TV imo. Would've rather had her as Cole's hired muscle as I once suggested before.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
With the recent set of Diva champions, this could only mean that Kong would play a heel for marks and a savior for smarks. Beating up on these Barbie doll bitches would make for good TV imo. Would've rather had her as Cole's hired muscle as I once suggested before.

That would work well with Cole. Kong though like most monsters in the WWE will start off as a monster then start losing matches left and right, then become a total joke. I think WWE should not drop the ball with her, and keep her as dominate as possible.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It will be good seeing not only Kong but other divas who can wrestle like Beth Phoenix, Natalya and Gail Kim actually having proper matches on television. It will be good having a division that focusses on them rather than models like Eve and the Bella twins. To begin with Kong will face the models and run through them but if they give her the title she can feud with actual wrestlers.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I could see Eve asking for a rematch clause at Extreme Rules (After all Eve is a bitch)... The match is announced a Falls Count Anywhere (After all they do limit Divas)... Kong comes in and beats the shit outta both of them.

yeah!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would be a great way to debut her but I just don't know if Eve vs a Bella twin would make it onto a PPV. I see it happening on RAW during a divas tag team match, Kong will come out and destroy all four divas and make her statement.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just hold a battle royal on Raw and have her just clean the ring right there.

Would kill the entire division, but let's be honest. With her on the roster, who is going to look like a threat to her?

Reaction score
Her feud with Gail in TNA was great, and Gail's not really very big. I'm sure Beth Phoenix and Kong could have a good feud. They didn't wrestle each other in Shimmer so I'd look forward to it. And Natty.
Other than that, no-one yet, but who knows who they've got hiding? Maybe I'll be really lucky and they can sign Alyssa Flash (wishful thinking)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Awesome Kong's name has been revealed as Kharma.

I guess they didn't want to go the TNA route and just change the first name to some variation of A------ Kong. It is going to be hard not to call her Kong and Kharma will take some time to catch on.