Austin's Salute to John Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Now, I am not trying to blow this out of proportion now, but did anyone catch that last couple seconds of the Hall of Fame where Stone Cold started his beer bash, then ended by giving Cena a beer and saluting him Steve Austin style? Plus he kept pointing in that direction most of the time he was on stage. For the record, I am not trying to start something, I just feel it's something odd and something to talk about.

Que the Austin vs. Cena rumors...now!

Soulpower

Or maybe this was Austin's subtle way of saying, I'm done with wrestling, its up to you (Cena) to help carry this company now and in the future.

xtremebadass

That's what I was leaning towards, or they just wanted to mess with fans, aka...us.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I saw that as well, but I don't think it meant anything at all. Austin made it quite known during the show and before hand that he is finished with wrestling nor does he have any further desire to go back into it.

noumenon

I really don't think there's much to read in to here. Austin seemed pretty sincere on the fact that he wouldn't be wrestling again. I don't think it was much more than the passing of the torch to Cena. There were a lot of people in the front row and Austin chose Cena to hand that beer to.

Wordlife

its a sign of respect to Cena to show him that now its HIS turn to carry the business, just as it was SCSA's back in the early days... loved the whole HoF in general, it was great, but Austin's induction was great

taikimoto

Reaction score
The Austin/Cena moment of the "passing of the torch/beer can" was
somewhat lame it would have worked better at Wrestlemania.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Nice touch for Cena, IMO it was a passing of the torch though and nothing more. I reckon thats it for Austin in the ring. Well thats what i got out of his speach. I was hoping to see him at least one more time but i dont think we are gunna. Be nice if he came out and batterd/Stunned Jericho tonight.

MikeRaw

It's nothing to do with another match. It was a sign of respect, and a symbolic passing of the torch. Nice move IMO, and it was nice to see.

Soulpower

austincena01.jpg

CenaMark54

Just a sign of respect between a top star of the past and the current top star. There aren't too many people who know what it feels like to carry the top promotion in the world.

Its just a shame that Austin was never able to pass the torch in the ring.

Ilmago

Reaction score
As much pain as it is to say this, but we'll never see Austin in the ring again. His knees and neck cannot take it anymore. I saw it as Austin passing the torch to Cena and telling him to take it to the next level, just like Austin did.

Wordlife

and we we're ALL looking forward to a potential Cena/Austin match, and how great it would be... damn

noumenon

Honestly...not very good. Austin is shot...he really CAN'T wrestle anymore. He'd be risking fuckin paralasis among other things.
Even if he COULD still go I honestly think people are overestimating Cena's ability to work an incredible match. It's all hype since the guy is being billed and pushed as the new Rock....but The Rock he is not. Leave it as a fantasy match in your mind and save yourself the dissapointment...lol.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
yea i was live there in person and i was amazed that austin did that..maybe he was trying to show off that hes a bigger star or that he believes in cena and the future of wwe either way i remember austin saying something about that wrestlers need to be more creative with their gimmick and draw ppl into it