Austin Aries released!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
This was rumored a few weeks back.
Do you have any...
141202125005-reliable-sources-logo2-large-169.png
?

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Do you have any...
141202125005-reliable-sources-logo2-large-169.png
?

I think it was in an interview with Meltzer or Whatculture. IIRC it was within the last week or two and its why Austin was pulled from NXT programming. I think it was something like "Austin is considering leaving".

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
>Not everyone can be the main event.
>Jinder Mahal

48aeb0003079069e9dd6ac99d739c876.png

Jinder at least paid his dues and stuck it out and jobbed for awhile and did what he was told until he got the opportunity.

Aries is just a little whiney bitch from what I read. Gets injured and then expects to be pushed higher on the card. Dudes nearly 40 years old and WWE made the right call of having him put Neville over.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that WWE is stating that they released Austin Aries and that it wasn't Aries that asked for his release. Meltzer noted that while he was told that Aries did not asked to be released, he was thrilled when he was. Aries had signed a three-year deal early last year, so if Aries had quit on his own, WWE could have held him to that and he wouldn't have been able to wrestle until early 2019.

Aries had been unhappy backstage and Meltzer noted that he was upset that his pre-show match with Neville at WrestleMania 33 was not included on the DVD, so neither wrestler received any royalties from it.

As previously reported, Aries reportedly had some heat backstage. Meltzer said that a lot of people, including the writing team, did not like him.

Aries has a standard 90 non-compete, and will be paid his downside during that period. He will be be able to work independent shows during that period that WWE approves of. He will be eligible to wrestle anywhere else - like NJPW or GFW - in early October.

Backstage News On Austin Aries' WWE Release, What WWE Claims, Original Contract Details, More - WrestlingInc.com

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Not a huge loss. The dude has burned bridges everywhere he's worked. He's got a bad attitude, and he's not fit for the bright lights of the WWE.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I liked him and I'm sure as soon as his non compete is up he'll be touring the indies/GFW or NJPW. Hopefully the latter.