Attempted BTB Banner Thingos

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

2ik9rlt.jpg

b9facm.jpg

Ehh, not too sure. Thoughts? Rep+ for proper responses.

Beer

Very well done. You certainly upped your game.

What I liked
The colours worked well with Red for Raw, Blue for Smack Down, obviously. I liked the cool line brush/grunge brush effect in the background, that sort of gave us a feeling that wrestling was going on in the background, when it was not.
What need improvement
You need to add some blending. Duplicate the render/psd about 5 times, then hide all apart from one, the first one. Just go over with some sort of blending brush on scattering setting, go wild. Un hide the next, lower it's opacity, and blur it, un hide the next, lower it's opacity, sharpen it, un hide the next, lower opacity, and finally perhaps add a red/blue gradient map, then put the gradient map on a clipping mask, so that only the render/psd get's the gradient map. Un hide the final one, and lower it's opacity. Voila! You have yourself a blended peice. Then, you can do the same thing, just going crazy with different options. Remember, Clipping Masks are a man's best friend.

CT Styles

More.

That's what it needs, more. It's too simple. I would recommend adding another psd of Edge or possibly another superstar on the RAW brand; same with Benoit and SmackDown!

With the blending, I would recommend not trying to blend the psd into the background, more add different lighting effects etc. to it. I would say go to Image>Adjustments>Brightness & Contrast and fiddling with the contrast and brightness of the psds. Then fiddle with the lighting of the backgrounds, just to give it 'that' effect.

Right now it just looks like a psd slapped on top of brushes randomly spread along a white canvas which I think it most likely is. I'd say add the brushes and then add more on top of the layer, so make a new layer then add them. On the layer above it though, add layer effects like overlay, soft light, hard light etc. See which one looks best.

These should get you started on making a decent BTB banner.

Kizza

Hey look, you worked out colour!

But yeah, alot more needs to be done on this. Look up like signature tutorials on google, cos you can learn alot of techniques by doing tuts. The renders need to be blended in, and you could also use some more recent renders for wrestlers and the new logos. http://www.psd-dreams.com/ is a fantastic site.

But, you have defiantly improved.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Pretty much what CT said.

-With that size you need more PSD's to fill the space.
-Too bland and Benoit and Edge just pop out.
-You need to mess around with LKens flares on duplicates of the PSD's and such.
-Try different things and dont go with the first thing that looks good.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

-Try different things and dont go with the first thing that looks good.
That has to be the stupidest comment of the century. I guess you can see what I'm doing on my laptop through the computer. :rolleyes:

If people are going to repeat what has been said already, don't bother. No rep for copycats. >_>

Wrestling Station

Try to fill up the empty space in your signature.
-enlarge the psd.
and/or..
-add more stuff to the background. You can add patterns, brushing and stock images then try and blend them according to what would suit the theme and the things you used.

Blending is not just making things have "no edges". Its also for "mixing" things together to end up with something different by using several things together.

xtremebadass

Well, it's no worse than the crap I do. It's pretty plain in a good way, since I know BTB I know what you were shooting for. I don't know how to blend, I tried and I think I failed, but I don't really care, I am not trying to win any awards. What I like most about your banner is the background, it's pretty sweet.