Attacks on Syria, could cause terrorist attacks against The United States and Israel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
With the White House closer to launching a surgical military strike on Syria, questions swirl over the extent to which such an attack could trigger a wave of terrorism directed at the U.S. and Israel.

Some analysts say that Hezbollah, the Iranian-backed Lebanese militia fighting in support of embattled Syrian President Bashar Assad, likely would be inspired to ramp up operations in Iran's "shadow war" with the U.S. and its allies.

Tensions between the West and Iran over the Islamic Republic's nuclear program have fueled the protracted and secretive war — a tit-for-tat exchange marked most often by operations and attacks carried out from the Middle East to Eastern Europe and Asia by Hezbollah and Israel's lead intelligence agency, the Mossad.

"These are groups that have long memories," Matthew Levitt, who heads the Stein Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said Monday.

"I think that the type of asymmetric activities that we've been seeing already in the context of the shadow war over Iran's nuclear program would continue with [an American military strike in Syria] serving as yet another factor motivating Hezbollah."

Iran's government, which most in the U.S. intelligence community think exerts heavy influence over the activities of Hezbollah, sought Monday to downplay the likelihood of a U.S. strike. But some officials in Tehran said that if a strike occurs, Israel would be targeted in response.

The Associated Press quoted Hossein Sheikholeslam, a member of Iran's Islamic Consultative Assembly, as saying that "the Zionist regime" — a reference to Israel — "will be the first victim of a military attack on Syria."

The remark seemed to dovetail with what has for months been a claim by some lawmakers in Washington — Republican and Democrat — that Iran's proxy presence in the Syrian war presents all the more reason for the Obama administration to get the U.S. military more deeply involved.

"Addressing the crisis in Syria at this stage will be extremely difficult, but every day that Assad remains in power helps Iran and Hezbollah and threatens stability across the region," Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat, said Monday. "Iran and terrorist organizations, like Hezbollah, are plotting against the United States and its allies every day."

Some Middle East analysts, meanwhile, said a U.S. strike likely would inspire the cadre of military and intelligence officials running Syria to commission their own terrorist activities with the goal of disrupting the existing U.S. military presence in the region and deepening instability surrounding Israel.

Joshua Landis, who heads the Center for Middle East Studies at the University of Oklahoma, suggested that the Assad government in Syria already has backed terrorist activities in Lebanon.

"Assad is not powerless," Landis said. "We just saw car bombs go off in Tripoli that killed many Sunni Muslims. So he can do things like that to destabilize things and inflame sectarian tensions in Lebanon."

"The reaction of the Assad regime will depend on how hard the strike is," said Landis, who added that the Assad government might respond by hiring Palestinian groups to target U.S. military officials believed to be in Jordan.

Citing rumors that American special forces officers are presently "camped out" at hotels in Jordan's capital of Amman, Landis said the Assad government might aim to commission terrorists to try and "blow up a hotel" in the city.

Away from the region, there were signs Monday that Assad continues to enjoy rhetorical support but likely would struggle to draw another international power into the conflict in the event of an American military strike.

Russia remains a key ally to Assad and one of the main weapon suppliers to Syrian military forces.

But Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov signaled Monday that Moscow has no plans to be drawn into a deeper military conflict over Syria's civil war.

Reuters quoted Lavrov as warning Western powers against intervening in the war on grounds that doing so would violate international law.

"The use of force without the approval of the United Nations Security Council is a very grave violation of international law," Lavrov said at a news conference. He said the use of chemical weapons in Syria was likely the work of rebels who wanted to derail plans by Washington and Moscow to hold peace talks on Syria's future.

"If anybody thinks that bombing and destroying the Syrian military infrastructure, and leaving the battlefield for the opponents of the regime to win, would end everything — that is an illusion," Lavrov said.

© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC

Source: The Newsmax

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/syria-attack-terrorist-strikes/2013/08/28/id/522599

I'm sure most of us here are against any type of military action against any more countries, period. With just a little over two more years left in my contract, I just hope we don't get involved in any more stuff like this, because I really don't have the energy or mental health to do another War deployment.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
Re: Attacks on Syria, could cause terrorist attacks against The United States and Isra

After reading that, it sounds like the Syrians, and the Iranians are daring the US to attack. Geez and Obama is playing right into their hands. They know he is gonna fuck up. Damnit I hope IM not recalled

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Re: Attacks on Syria, could cause terrorist attacks against The United States and Isra

This is just a lot of crap, man. There have been reports that we would not have any ground troops on the ground, but Clinton pretty much said the same thing about Kosov. That was in 1998 or 1999, and we now have a permanent presence there, much like we do Iraq and Afghanistan.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score

and look what that has caused? We have lost more troops during 'peacetime' than we did during the damn war. Anyone seeing a pattern here?

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

Sweet. Can't wait for us to bomb more brown people. /sarcasm

Starlight

Couldn't we simply drop an atomic bomb over their country? I'm sure it would force Syria to surrender like Japan. Why risk the possible World War Z and nip it in the butt in the early stages? What Syria did was out of line and dreadfully inhumane. I think it's only fair they have something similar done to them. Eye for an eye.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Couldn't we simply drop an atomic bomb over their country? I'm sure it would force Syria to surrender like Japan. Why risk the possible World War Z and nip it in the butt in the early stages? What Syria did was out of line and dreadfully inhumane. I think it's only fair they have something similar done to them. Eye for an eye.
They didn't do it to you or your people though, they did it to their own, so the eye for an eye thing doesn't really hold any merit here. Not to mention, dropping a nuclear weapon on them won't prevent a war, it's more likely to start one than anything else.

Starlight

I know it was to their own people, but it was on innocent children. I think it's terrible to massively slay children for no apparent or cause except to reveal to the entire world you're a monstrous dictator without a heart.

How many nations is it now who want war with America? North Korea... Syria... This makes me want to watch World War Z now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I know it was to their own people, but it was on innocent children. I think it's terrible to massively slay children for no apparent or cause except to reveal to the entire world you're a monstrous dictator without a heart.
So the solution is to drop a nuke on the country and kill more innocent people? How do you think that would make the United States look in the eyes of the rest of the world?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Why would America want to kill even more innocent people when that's what they're trying to stop? Japan was a completely different story too. Japan were at war with America and they posted a big threat. Syria don't really pose that big of a threat to America and America aren't at war with them. It would possibly be the stupidest move in the history of humanity for America to do that.

Reactions: 1 person

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

I really hope the response about dropping the A-Bomb was just random trolling and not how someone actually feels. Sadly however, there are several people I've spoken to who are in favor of doing that. Those of us who has been to the middle east to fight the recent wars damn sure don't want this to happen, much less an atomic bombing of a country that is just at a civli war with each other. It sickens me when people say that to me about just wiping out an entire group of people. You wouldn't believe the conversations I've had with people who are so ignorant on what is going on in this World. Yes, lets bomb a town to kill just twelve people who are bad... the other 100,000 that get killed in the process are jus collateral damage and their life isn't worth that of our own people...

Oh and just so all the super anit-republicans say anything... Its the damn Liberals who are wanting this to occur.. just like Kosov when Clinton was in Office. So Democrats are just as Evil as Republicans. They just give the sorry ass people of our country more Welfare money than Republicans do to keep the satisfied when we do shit like this. Like I said I don't want to fight a third war. This will be the fifth we have been involved in (if you count the Kosov Conflict) since I've been alive.

Starlight

I guess this is why we don't need a female president because of my response. LOL, you know the saying if a woman gets elected into the White House she'll go dropping A-bombs whenever her period strikes. I was serious about it though because I have many friends, ex-boyfriends, and my current fiance who have fought in the middle east and my fiance is actually there right now. It's a lot of money on the economy to keep so many troops in these countries to ensure they are maintaining the style of government we want them to. The A-bomb is an easy solution to this issue, but at the same time we are being no better than they are to their own people. It's really a lose/lose situation all the way around. I hate having to worry about my fiance and whether the next time I see him is coming home on a plane in a box or my brothers and cousins.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I guess this is why we don't need a female president because of my response. LOL, you know the saying if a woman gets elected into the White House she'll go dropping A-bombs whenever her period strikes. I was serious about it though because I have many friends, ex-boyfriends, and my current fiance who have fought in the middle east and my fiance is actually there right now. It's a lot of money on the economy to keep so many troops in these countries to ensure they are maintaining the style of government we want them to. The A-bomb is an easy solution to this issue, but at the same time we are being no better than they are to their own people. It's really a lose/lose situation all the way around. I hate having to worry about my fiance and whether the next time I see him is coming home on a plane in a box or my brothers and cousins.
Dropping an atomic bomb is not an easy solution at all.

It really wouldn't solve anything, all it would do is kill innocent people which is what America are trying to stop. I personally believe it's just best not to get involved.

Starlight

Well, you know that is not America's policy. America has to stick their nose in everybody's business as to why we are trillion dollars in debt. :(

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

Well, you know that is not America's policy. America has to stick their nose in everybody's business as to why we are trillion dollars in debt. :(

We are trillions of dollars in Debt because of President LBJ's War on Poverty. Check the Welfare system and see what it has done to our country.