At Last... SD! maineventing the PPV!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Atlast, Smackdown got to mainevent a PPV! Cyber Sunday had the mainevent of Batista vs Undertaker (SCSA as special ref), and that was awesome imo coz if we look back on April, WM23 should have had the mainevent of tonights ME. Looking to the hype, match buildup, and the intensity inside the match itself, i think WWE had the correct thought this time to let SD! maineventing Cyber Sunday.

Its a 2 way arguement here, that it might be just coz of Steve Austins present that it should be the ME of the PPV, and/ or for what happend at WM23, the match itself and its build up between Batista and Undertaker and to all the action and excitment related to it, that it needs to be shifted up and get the ME of the PPV card.

I think it had to be the ME, looking at all the things i've mentioned above, adding in mind that also during the match, i think it was the night's match. Batista made a good match imo, and selled the arm very well.

From that being said, do you think that SD! would ever mainevent another PPV? or its just a one night stand?

Thoughts?

CenaMark54

I wouldn't get too used to it. The only reason was because the WWE title match ended in a DQ.

Otherwise, the WWE title match will almost always be last.

Actually, on second though, a heel is the WWE champion and god forbid a heel champion ever wins clean. If Orton is going to have the belt until wrestlemania, we should expect to see a ton of DQ matches.

phantomgerald

Taker could push any WHC championship match to ME status, but if it's against Khali or Batista, it's probably a one night thing. But if a taker/edge feud takes place, I can see it stealing the show.

Reaction score
^^^Taker vs. Edge would definetly steal the show and I could see that match as being the ME on a ppv but while Orton is WWE champ we will see a bunch of DQ's and count outs.....but we will also see some clean finishes

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea I agree that we're probably going to start seeing a lot of DQ's and count outs but hopefully we'll see some clean victories too. I didn't see Cyber Sunday but from everything I read the Taker-Batista match was really good. I agree that if Taker is in the ME for Smackdown that it definitely can should from time to time head line PPV's, especially if he gets into a program with Edge cuz that would definitely kick ass.

Vandy316

Reaction score
the only reason SD! MEed was because Cena is injured if he was still there it wouldve probably been Cena(c) vs Orton with Orton winning

strij

Reaction score
^^ Cena wasn't injured at Unforgiven, and the ME was Taker/Henry. I think the reason is because both of the matches ended via DQ, as much as the presence of the Undertaker...

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well the Undertaker return was a pretty huge event and that would probably have a lot to do with him main eventing at Unforgiven. When the Raw ME ends a DQ and you have Undertaker in the Smackdown ME it makes good sense to have him ME at the PPV. Wow I just said ME like 5 times in that post haha.

Reaction score
^^^four times actually....but you're right if Taker is in the title picture then his presence definitely garners ME status and this is The Undertaker u know