Assorted WWE and TNA news

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

From The Wrestling Observer...

After five years, TNA finally reached one of the last steps in its long-time goal. Once it became apparent that weekly PPVs wouldn't work, the goal was to recreate the Monday Night Wars. TNA wanted to be in the WCW position, but with far less spending and far less stupid booking.

TNA is making a hard push to sign Booker T when he becomes available.

As of now, there is heavy discussion within Pro Wrestling NOAH to put the GHC title on Samoa Joe in October. Many feel he is the next Stan Hansen. The belief is that having Misawa drop the belt to a foreigner would increase short-term interest, and provide a passage to a younger champion.

All of the WWE superstars who were suspended for 30 days will return on the 10/1 RAW in Cleveland, Ohio and the 10/2 SD/ECW show in Dayton, Ohio.

Steve O will appear on the 10/1 edition of RAW to promote the debut of his show Dr. Steve O, which airs on the USA Network right after RAW.

I suppose this isn't a shock with the recent suspensions, firings, and quittings, but WWE has offered Chris Jericho a new 7-figure contract with creative control and a guaranteed World title run to return.

The full-time UK territory has been greenlighted. Paul Birchall, William Regal, Seamus O'Shaugnessy will be the major names.

Michael Hayes has been high on Colt Cabana coming to Smackdown, thinking he'd be a fun-loving character missing since Eugene was fired.

Expect a major reshuffling of the ECW roster in the coming weeks, as Vince has finally realized the lack of depth and mutiple repeated matches.

Expect CM Punk to switch brands when he drops the title to John Morrison.

Send Punk to SD and pair him up with Cabana. And damn it Jericho, come back!

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Damn punk probally going to SD to shape up the CW division. lmao I wouldnt want to see this happen at all.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
well it least vince realized that ECW is basically the same show every week

punk better end up on smackdown...

Great One

Wow, finally Vince has realized this. Does he even watch the damn shows? Hopefully it will be enhanced. Pretty much all good news there, praying for Jericho to come back.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Wow overall awesome news.......Id like to see Shelton,Finlay,Rhodes,guys like that on ECW....Punk going to SD would be risky but id like to see it.....

This Guy

It be noted that according to Dave Meltzer who appears weekly on Live Audio Wrestling said last night that friends close to Booker have said that Booker has gotten over it and has agreed to take his suspenssion with full intent to return to work with the WWE when it is over. So Booker may not be going anywhwere.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I dont believe all this BS about the WWE wanting Jericho back sooo bad. It's like on the weekly that some new fabricated shit comes out about how WWE would sell it's backpussy for Jericho to come back. I highly doubt it. Jericho was never even thee top dog in WWE (even though he had his 3 big pushes that didnt last long enough for me to climax). 7 figures with creative control? HAHAHA ya right! I bet John Cena doesnt even have creative control Vince is not a dumbass anymore!

phantomgerald

From The Wrestling Observer...

After five years, TNA finally reached one of the last steps in its long-time goal. Once it became apparent that weekly PPVs wouldn't work, the goal was to recreate the Monday Night Wars. TNA wanted to be in the WCW position, but with far less spending and far less stupid booking.

TNA is making a hard push to sign Booker T when he becomes available.

As of now, there is heavy discussion within Pro Wrestling NOAH to put the GHC title on Samoa Joe in October. Many feel he is the next Stan Hansen. The belief is that having Misawa drop the belt to a foreigner would increase short-term interest, and provide a passage to a younger champion.

All of the WWE superstars who were suspended for 30 days will return on the 10/1 RAW in Cleveland, Ohio and the 10/2 SD/ECW show in Dayton, Ohio.

Steve O will appear on the 10/1 edition of RAW to promote the debut of his show Dr. Steve O, which airs on the USA Network right after RAW.

I suppose this isn't a shock with the recent suspensions, firings, and quittings, but WWE has offered Chris Jericho a new 7-figure contract with creative control and a guaranteed World title run to return.

The full-time UK territory has been greenlighted. Paul Birchall, William Regal, Seamus O'Shaugnessy will be the major names.

Michael Hayes has been high on Colt Cabana coming to Smackdown, thinking he'd be a fun-loving character missing since Eugene was fired.

Expect a major reshuffling of the ECW roster in the coming weeks, as Vince has finally realized the lack of depth and mutiple repeated matches.

Expect CM Punk to switch brands when he drops the title to John Morrison.

Send Punk to SD and pair him up with Cabana. And damn it Jericho, come back!

I find that highly ironic. In case they never realised, WCW lost in the end. If they built TNA for WWE to one day buy them over like WCW, then they're stupid.

sweetj14

Reaction score
What they mean by being in WCW's position is that they are the major competition to WWE. Damn, does everything have to be taken so literal?

CenaMark54

What they mean by being in WCW's position is that they are the major competition to WWE. Damn, does everything have to be taken so literal?

They are in no way major competion to the WWE.

Remember the night Raw and TNA went head to head? TNA had a rating of like .6

If TNA tried to go head to head with Raw or even SD, they would lose viewers. That .6 just showed me that most of TNA's viewers are also loyal WWE viewers.

TNA says it wants to be like WCW without the high costs or bad booking. Well so far they have proved that their booking is horrible and they don't have high costs because they don't make much money.

xtremebadass

Morrison as champ, Punk to SD!, Cor Von actually coming back, and Y2J coming back, what more is there to want?

sweetj14

Reaction score
Major as in they are the only other wrestling on TV. Yes, I agree TNA has no chance at going head to head with any WWE programming right now.