Assassin's Creed Origins.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm a little bit out of the loop with Assassin's Creed. I played the first game all the way to Brotherhood and enjoyed them. I was not a fan of Assassin's Creed 3 for various reasons (found Connor pretty uninteresting, am not really all that interested in the American Revolution) so I didn't care for that game all that much.

Kinda stopped buying them after that between all the spinoffs and whatnot. I picked up Black Flag and Syndicate on sale so I'll be getting to them at some point. I've heard lots of series fans don't like Black Flag as much because it doesn't really feel like an AC game, but I fucking love pirates so I'm gonna like that game, and I'm a sucker for Victorian London so I'm gonna like Syndicate.

Origins I'm not quite sure about. I won't play it until I've played both Black Flag and Syndicate, but from the bit I've seen of the game they seem to be adding RPG elements, which I like a lot actually. A longer dev cycle will do the series some good, so I'd say I have some high hopes for it.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
So...I'm not trying to start anything...and I've never played the games myself...
but I thought you guys may enjoy this series of reviews.

(There is a youtube playlist of all the A.C games he's reviewed)

I'm a big fan of this guy and I hope you at least get a chuckle out of
his work.

Most gamers don't like Assassin's Creed in fact after Unity it became cool to shit on Ubisoft.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I'm a little bit out of the loop with Assassin's Creed. I played the first game all the way to Brotherhood and enjoyed them. I was not a fan of Assassin's Creed 3 for various reasons (found Connor pretty uninteresting, am not really all that interested in the American Revolution) so I didn't care for that game all that much.

Kinda stopped buying them after that between all the spinoffs and whatnot. I picked up Black Flag and Syndicate on sale so I'll be getting to them at some point. I've heard lots of series fans don't like Black Flag as much because it doesn't really feel like an AC game, but I fucking love pirates so I'm gonna like that game, and I'm a sucker for Victorian London so I'm gonna like Syndicate.

Origins I'm not quite sure about. I won't play it until I've played both Black Flag and Syndicate, but from the bit I've seen of the game they seem to be adding RPG elements, which I like a lot actually. A longer dev cycle will do the series some good, so I'd say I have some high hopes for it.

Black Flag and Syndicate are fun games in general. I'd definitely recommend Black Flag before Syndicate or Unity.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
AC4 Black Flag is my favorite Assassin's Creed game. It was my first game I played on PS4 and also my first game of the series. That game made me a fan of the series. Don't know where you got the info that fans don't like it, because for most AC fans it's at least in the TOP 3.

Syndicate was a let down for me. I got it a few months ago along with Unity, and I liked Unity with all it's bad rep a lot more than Syndicate. They are pretty similar but I liked the story, gameplay and setting better in Unity.

Got Origins today and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be more enjoyable than Unity and Syndicate. The question is...is it better than Black Flag....
Still gotta play the older games by getting the Ezio Collection.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
AC4 Black Flag is my favorite Assassin's Creed game. It was my first game I played on PS4 and also my first game of the series. That game made me a fan of the series. Don't know where you got the info that fans don't like it, because for most AC fans it's at least in the TOP 3.

Syndicate was a let down for me. I got it a few months ago along with Unity, and I liked Unity with all it's bad rep a lot more than Syndicate. They are pretty similar but I liked the story, gameplay and setting better in Unity.

Got Origins today and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be more enjoyable than Unity and Syndicate. The question is...is it better than Black Flag....
Still gotta play the older games by getting the Ezio Collection.

Black Flag is probably the only AC game everyone likes, maybe Origins will change that. I will say it's a good game to enter the series with. I'd definitely recommend going back and playing AC2 and Brotherhood. My copy will be here tomorrow I'm more than ready.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Most gamers don't like Assassin's Creed in fact after Unity it became cool to shit on Ubisoft.

This!

But they are still one of my favourite publishers.

Far Cry and Assassin's Creed, that's 2 of my all time favourite series done by the same guys.

As for Origins, I'll be getting it as soon as pay drops and I can't wait! I thought AC III was boring, but loved black flag, I liked Unity's gameplay but it was buggy and the story dragged on too much for my liking and was quite predictable in regards to Arno's love life and all that.

AC Syndicate I started and the gameplay again was good but it was just meh in every other way, the story, the characters, they all seemed very average and barely thought out.

I have high hopes for AC Origins, and here's hoping the gods don't disappoint! (Egyptian gods at that!)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Big fan of Origins. Clocked 10+ hours this weekend. Combat is a lot of different so make sure to pick your fights and don't get surrounded. Graphics are gorgeous on the Ps4 and the story is good so far and the characters are getting fleshed out.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm also a fan of how the game makes the movie canon. As well as how it ties in other Ubisoft franchises

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I have about 9hrs on the game so far most of it is just exploring. Egypt has to be the best setting to date it's so damn beautiful. When I zoomed out on the map for the first time I died a little inside , so huge. The world feels so alive from the deserts to the cities. I was honestly blown away it is far better than I imagined. Can't wait to jump back in later I fucking love this setting!
I really like the new combat system it's challenging and fun, unfortunately I haven't been getting into many fights because hard mode has made me very careful. I'd say the game play overall is smooth and seamless like AC4.

The only Assassination/Main quest I've done is the prologue so I don't know what lies ahead I haven't even made it to Alexandria yet. However on the way I ran into an Isu Temple! Holy shit I wasn't expecting that. Also the modern day bit is cool with a new type of animus and what not. The files on Layla's computer are interesting with references to the movie and W_D 1. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Bayek's a really cool character because he's just a good dude. A right proper lad.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy