Ask This Guy a Question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

How was it? What games were the hit games? What did you come out with (yo swag)?

Oh where to begin.

The overall conference was alright. There is a lot of sitting and listening to people talking. Hours of it. The first night we have a Party hosted by Sony. Always the best. We were at Planet Hollywood, lots of great music, and food. The next day we have 5 long classes. Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, EA & Activision. There is some video teasers and trailers, but a lot of information and Q&A. It can get a little tiring. Then that night its the Microsoft Party. Much louder, and the gameplay footage they showed of Mirrors Edge during the EA class gave me a splitting headache that wouldn't go away so needless to say really loud music you had to shout over to be able to talk to someone standing right next to you....not helping. So skipped out of there. Hit the Wendy's on the way back with two of my fellow store managers.

Next day 12 classes from various 3rd party publishers and accessory companies. Mad Catz, THQ, Konami, Lucas Arts, etc. Shorter classes, but still a lot of sitting and just listening. That night we have an awards dinner. I won the 2007 Shrink Award for Low Volume Stores. That night is the expo. So all the companies bring in there interactives, freebies, and what not.

The last days are all management training and all boring as shit.

As for what we got to see/play? You name it we probably saw it and or played it. Resistance 2, Socom, Little Big Planet, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Fracture, Wii Music, Animal Crossing, Silent Hill, Saints Row 2, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 09, Red Faction, Your In the Movies, Scene It: Box Office Smash, Mirrors Edge, NFS Undercover, SW Clone Wars, Guitar Hero World Tour, End War, Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Lips, etc. We also got to see the world exclusive teaser for Halo 4.

Some cool new accessories we got to see as well, Katana the company now making most 1st party Sony Accessories is coming out with a Blue Tooth adaptor for PSP, a wireless keyboard with touch pad mouse for PS3 (and though he wasn't allowed to say does work on 360 and PC as well), Fully Licenced Rock Band Bass Guitar. Gamestop Accessories are now fully licenced with Energizer and using Energizer technology for all the batteries type technology. Oh and for all those who keep wondering why Sony doesn't come out with there own blue tooth headset specifically for PS3? Wait no longer. Its coming. And also for the new PS3's that no longer support more then 2 usb slots or the flash memory card drives? A combo USB Hub/flash memory drive.

As for what I got for free, well there is the usual swag, T-Shirts, Hats, Key Chains etc. For actual games we got NHL 09, NHL 2K9, Guild Wars Plat. Ed., Viva Pinata 2, Gears of War, Rock Band 2, Too Human. Thats what we came home with as well as 80gig PS3 systems compliments of Sony. We are still going to be getting Gears of War 2, Animal Crossing, Wii Muisc & Personal Cooking Trainer. Also Microsoft Marketing is trying to get us Fable 2 as well.

Moonlight Drive

Have you played VP 2?

If so, did you like it?

Best game you saw at the convention?

This Guy

Have you played VP 2?

If so, did you like it?

Best game you saw at the convention?

Not yet. I liked the 1st one though, just thought it was too limited, and from what we've seen they've expanded that. Microsoft also gave us a pack of the cards that you use with your vision cam on Viva Pinata 2, but I really haven't checked it out yet. Down side to home life, limited game time.

Graphically the best looking one was definatly Gears of War 2. Best one I played for just inovation and fun was Little Big Planet. However things to keep in mind include 1) I didn't play everything. 2) I may have missed a few things. 3) Most of them were still not the final product.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
What did you say when you found out they where giiving you the PS3's

This Guy

What did you say when you found out they where giiving you the PS3's

It was kinda of like "HOLY SHIT" Sony is generally cheap. Last year we all got PSP's because we were finally Sony's #1 account holder in Canada. (we finally beat Wal-Mart) We still were, but the gap wasn't as big so we figured Sony would go back to there cheap ways. However, they claim that they saw huge increase in our PSP buisness after we got PSP's so it was there theory that the same will happen now with the PS3.

^^Probably like, Fuck This. TG doesn't like PS3.

Umm.....how was Rock Band 2?
Wanna send me that PS3 that you hate?

I didn't play it. I watched many others play including the manager that hired me 10 years ago and was my ride to the conference :) I haven't opened my copy yet, not that I have anything to play it with. Didn't play Guitar Hero 4 either, but seriously, from what I saw, Guitar Hero does look much better. The creating your own music is amazing.

Yeah right. lol Even if I wasn't going to use it which I am (cause I want Little Big Planet) I wouldn't send it anywhere. It would sit in a closet. See were not allowed to sell or trade for credit anything we get at these things. We can give them away, but even those people we give them too can not sell them either. Now normally for games that would be hard to track, but for the PS3 a little easier since our company has all the serial numbers of the systems. Meaning its traceable back to me. And I like my job. I already have the PS3 hooked up. Don't have any games so theres not much I can do, but the interface sucks. Rather have a 360....oh wait I have one of those :)

BTW did I mention I almost won another PS3 there too? :)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

You're joking, right?

He never won another PS3. He ALMOST did. Thus his above post.

Would you consider yourself having fulfilled your lifes ambitions?

Do you often set new goals?

This Guy

You're joking, right?

He never won another PS3. He ALMOST did. Thus his above post.

Would you consider yourself having fulfilled your lifes ambitions?

Do you often set new goals?

Um for the most part yes. Married, I have a daughter who I love more then life.

Theres nothing else I really want out of life except to be happy....and well maybe independently wealthy.

Oh shit. I didn't see the almost. Sorry This Guy.

Do you have any collections like baseball cards, stamps, etc.?

I did collect Baseball cards when I was younger, but long since given that up. I used to also collect comic books but have given that up as well. I collected the Muppet Figures that Palisade Toys put out a few years ago. And for awhile I thought about being a classic video game collector, but I can't really aford to collect anything. My only collection I am still doing is Wrestling VHS/DVD's. I have a crap load. I unfortuantly no longer have an up to date list of my collection as when I had some minor PC issues 2 months back I lost the file. Last check I was somewhere around the 600 mark. Winning the Sting:Return of an Icon DVD at the managers conference was a nice addition to my collection. lol

Nation

Does Gamestop give cash or in store credit for consoles? Also how much would i get for a PS3 40 GB,Slim PS2, and an XBOX?