As pro wrestling fans, don't you honestly ever get sick and tired of the...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I read somewhere a good response if someone says it. Don't remember the exact words, but think it went something like this.

Random: Wrestling isn't real you know?
Me: Well no shit. Everyone knows that. What are you stupid? Yo SHADOW, this guy was telling that wrestling isn't real!

Actually idk how it went. Was pretty funny tho. If I find it, I'll link it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I really don't care. And I don't understand why wrestling fans get so butthurt.

I like Pokemon. You can tell me its a game for children, i won't care.
I like Heavy Metal, you can tell me its mindless screaming created by satanists. I won't care.

People need to stop getting so butthurt about everything. Why can't you just enjoy what you enjoy and not worry what cunts say/think.
This might be the wisest thing you have ever posted on this forum.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I really don't care. And I don't understand why wrestling fans get so butthurt.

I like Pokemon. You can tell me its a game for children, i won't care.
I like Heavy Metal, you can tell me its mindless screaming created by satanists. I won't care.

People need to stop getting so butthurt about everything. Why can't you just enjoy what you enjoy and not worry what cunts say/think.
Look at this fucking pussy getting butt hurt about people getting butt hurt

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm not particularly bothered by it, but it is annoying having to hear people constantly treat you like idiots with their patronizing "You know that stuff is fake, right?" remarks, as if 98% of wrestling fans are not already well aware of this (never mind the various ways in which those within the actual industry have exposed the business over the last thirty years.) Other than children, general morons, and people to whom the concept of pro wrestling must be completely foreign to, no one is really under any illusion that pro wrestling is real anymore.

And the last I checked, nearly everything on television is fake.

To be fair though, some wrestling fans have the same type of moronic derp derp mentality themselves when it comes to other things. How many of them - including a handful of people on this very forum who shall go unnamed - have made fun of reality television for JUST that very same reason?

That said, when you consider how physically-demanding being a pro wrestler is (especially those with the arduous WWE schedule), the remarks about it being fake are still pretty ignorant, pre-determined match outcomes or not. It's amusing seeing professional fighters in real combat sports like boxing and mixed-martial arts get a lot of respect for the hard work and discipline they have, even though they typically only compete a few times a year and are already considered "old" by the time they reach their mid/late-30's, while pro wrestlers continue taking hard bumps and wear and tear on the body even when they're well into their 40's. To put things into perspective, consider this fact that I've pulled from somewhere:
According to doctors, the average wrestling match takes a toll on the body that is the equivalent of a car crash at 20mph. That doesn’t sound bad; however 200+ 20mph collisions would take their toll.

Cena has worked 1,679 matches since 2005 and in that same period, Anderson Silva has fought 23 times. 9 of which ended in the first round. It’s probable that each of those 23 fights took a greater toll on Silva’s body than any one match did on Cena, however the cumulative effect of Cena’s matches is plausibly greater.

Again, comparing Cena and Silva, Cena has been injured on numerous occasions:

2007 – torn pectoral tendon that sidelined him from October until January 2008
2008 – herniated disk in his neck that sidelined him from September until November
2010 – unknown injury that prevented him from facing Sheamus at the Royal Rumble
2010 – hip flexor injury in a steel cage match with Wade Barrett
2013 – elbow injury that sidelined him from August until October
2014 – ongoing neck problems that extended to his shoulder
2015 – severely broken nose on Raw in a match with Seth Rollins
2016 – shoulder injury that will be sideline him for six months

As for Silva:

2011 – shoulder injury
2013 – horrendous leg injury

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't really care, honestly. They can have their stereotypes all they want. I bet those same people can name the big names in wrestling. Just as guilty watching it at one point.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't really care, honestly. They can have their stereotypes all they want. I bet those same people can name the big names in wrestling. Just as guilty watching it at one point.
Sup girl how ya been

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
Faaaantastic. Forgot about this place for a bit. Found a loose screw in the locker room, Jesus Christ. Every forum has to have at least one numpty, I guess.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I get more annoyed when pepole say "pro wrestling is gay" more then "pro wrestling is fake"