Arrested Development

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished rewatching the first three seasons, oh shit I forgot how hilarious the last episode was :lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just a reminder that all the episodes are on Netflix as of right now!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Watched the first two so far (might watch some more later) and so far really enjoying it.

Like how once again they are expermenting with the structure of the show. First episode was the best of the two Michael misreading all the sighs with George Michael was halious! And the voting out scene a highlight for me.

Also like the scene where the family are debating if you tip African American workers and then the dead silence as the workers (who are black) say they have finished and stand there expecting a tip lol.

So far so good.

And nice to see Kristian Wiig pop up too!

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Watched the first 3 episodes today, it's definitely different anyway. The pace is a lot slower than the previous seasons and there's a lot less jokes per minute. I'm not sure about dedicating each episode to one character as well. I know Arrested Development was never about 'hanging out with the characters' but it's a shame there's no casual scenes in the kitchen of the model home with the likes of Michael, Gob and Lindsay.

I'm still enjoying it though, and there's certainly been a few laugh out moments so far ("You ever been on a plane you piece of shit?). I might watch another few tonight if I can.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Watched the first 3 episodes today, it's definitely different anyway. The pace is a lot slower than the previous seasons and there's a lot less jokes per minute. I'm not sure about dedicating each episode to one character as well. I know Arrested Development was never about 'hanging out with the characters' but it's a shame there's no casual scenes in the kitchen of the model home with the likes of Michael, Gob and Lindsay.

I'm still enjoying it though, and there's certainly been a few laugh out moments so far ("You ever been on a plane you piece of shit?). I might watch another few tonight if I can.

I thought it was a bit slow at first but have really got into it now.

I really liked the Lindsay episode (think she is a very underated character). The best bit is her Dobais and Maybe trying to get the live chicken into the oven!

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I thought it was a bit slow at first but have really got into it now.

I really liked the Lindsay episode (think she is a very underated character). The best bit is her Dobais and Maybe trying to get the live chicken into the oven!

Yeah, that was one of the better episodes at the start. "That way you have it." "Yeah, that way we have it."

I think it has definitely picked up from where I left off yesterday. I'm just after finishing the 7th episode and it's easily the best one yet. The call-backs, Dave Holt!, the bees, the niteclub called 'and Jeremey Piven', there was a lot of good stuff in it. I like the way everyone's stories are starting to tie in as well.

Ben

Reaction score
ANUSTART

Yea but It's not as great as I thought it would be and I really don't like the style of character specific episodes. The stuff with Tobias is great though best stuff so far in the 8 episodes I watched.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
ANUSTART

Yea but It's not as great as I thought it would be and I really don't like the style of character specific episodes. The stuff with Tobias is great though best stuff so far in the 8 episodes I watched.

Don't know it might just be because its been awhile since I saw the other three, but am really enjoying this series and thinking its up there with some of the older stuff. Think it is the structure which is a bit of problem, still early days.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I turned off the second episode. The first one was alright but I got about 10 minutes into the second and just couldn't stand it. Not really sure why

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tobias dropping the "Ninja Please" line like he's R-Truth or something :lmao

I'm halfway through episode three right now, enjoying it so far. I didn't have that high of expectations so I'm definitely not disappointed with the season so far. I kinda' like the character specific episodes if, for nothing else, the altered intros.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Micheal's second episode is the best one I've seen thought it's also the last one I saw. Plan to download the rest of his and George Micheal not sure if I'll care enough to do the rest.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm really enjoying how every episode takes place at the same time pretty much, so questions you have from one are explained in a later one from the other characters point of view. It's pretty hilarious actually.