Ariel Helwani interviewing MJF, Action Bronson today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
MJF was then asked what he thought of Rhodes wrestling with a torn pec at Hell in a Cell.

"Incredibly brave, incredibly brave," he responded. Helwani then asked MJF if he would have done the same thing. "Absolutely not," MJF responded.

"Here's what would happen, I would ask for my money, I'd go in the ring, and then lay down on my back. Technically I competed," he continued.

Lmaoooooo

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Lmaoooooo
such good stuff. the interview honestly ruled and was eye opening. MJF is ready to be the guy to go on talkshows, be entertaining and put over the company on any mainstream program (maybe ease off on the cursing). this dude is money

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
such good stuff. the interview honestly ruled and was eye opening. MJF is ready to be the guy to go on talkshows, be entertaining and put over the company on any mainstream program (maybe ease off on the cursing). this dude is money

Yeah that's why I personally don't see the issue with strapping him up rn even if he might leave in 2024. You don't hamstring your own business when you have this moneymaker for pride even if he's going to go to WWE. It'd be a little different if AEW was bigger than WWE I guess but MJF going to WWE after a great AEW run does not hurt them anymore than him going to WWE after an above average no title winning run IMO you can only argue bc they could have spent time developing other people but I argue milking MJF is more important (and fucker might stay anyway)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
you run with your hottest act, it's honestly that simple. IF he leaves in 2024 (I think he got a new deal anyways but I'll play along). It's also the same as Cody in a way, Cody going to WWE and being and even bigger deal makes young, blue chip prospect maybe want to go make their break in AEW to make it big, it's good for everyone and everyone can make money

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But speaking of Cody let's make sure MJF is NOT holding a belt when his contract actually expires :heston

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
With his pro wrestling debut two nights away, Action Bronson isn't nervous ahead of his match at Wednesday's AEW Grand Slam in Queens, New York.

The rapper appeared on Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour on Monday to promote the show and talk about his career.

He teams with Hook to take on Matt Menard & Angelo Parker Wednesday in a match that will air on Friday's AEW Rampage. He got physical with Menard & Parker at this month's All Out following Hook's win over Parker, putting things in motion.

Bronson said he isn't nervous ahead of the match, saying he's performed for 100,000 fans before and has thrown people off stages at shows.

A wrestling fan since his late grandfather introduced him to it, Bronson said AEW first had the idea for him to walk Hook to the ring Wednesday. He started training at Create A Pro Wrestling under Pat Buck nine or ten weeks ago, set up by Taz, and started showing athleticism that made the match possible.

He said he isn't a full-time roster member, but is a "hired gun, an assassin."

Training at CAP was his first time taking bumps even though he wrestled with friends growing up. He likes running the ropes, calling it "intense, makes me feel good."

He said he never thought wrestling would be attainable for him as he was just a fan that enjoyed it. Wednesday's match isn't just for him, but his grandfather and all his friends he watched with growing up.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler