Are You Loyal To The Team Or To The Player?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
With all this stuff happening over the past 48 hrs with the back lash of Lebron leaving Cleveland for Miami, I thought this would be a good thread. So as the title says, are you loyal to the team or the player? This isn't just for basketball btw. It's all sports.

Me, I go both ways <_<. When I 1st started watching Basketball, I was real big into Dinosaurs. So naturally, I was drawn to the Rapters. During that time, I saw Vince Carter and he quickly became my favorite player. He's still my favorite player today. So I'm loyal to him.

Team wise, I'm loyal to the Magics. So for Carter to be on that team, it's great. Dwight Howard is my next favorite player, so if both he Carter leave, I'm pretty sure I'd still like the Magics. Chris Paul is my next favorite, but I just follow him, not the team. Sucks they couldn't get on him the Magics too.

CMS

Reaction score
I follow the team. I am Lakers all the way. Thereby, I root for their star, who just happens to be Kobe. I mean, I support Kobe not for him being Kobe, altough I do like him, but because he's the star of my team. Back in the days, I rooted for Shaq, but as soon as he stopped wearing the Lakers jersey, I always had a fond place in my heart for him, but I rooted against him.

Reaction score
Loyal to the team to the fucking bone. I was born and raised in San Antonio, home of the winningest basketball franchise of the last twenty years and the greatest wrestler of the past twenty years. And I'm fucking loyal to both with good reason. And as football goes, I'm loyal to two teams, the Colts and Vikes. I know it's a cop out, but I was raised by a Vikings fan in my father and I have always loved the Colts since I was a young lad when they had Jeff George, Marshall Faulk and Jim Harbough. I will never leave either teams' side no matter what and it will be hard since the Colts and the Spurs have basically been the winningest teams in their sports for the past decade, and in the Spurs case, I don't think their fall off will be so bad since they have the absolute best talent scouts and front office. Nobody spots better talent from a distance then the Spurs and it's so far from debatable that it's not even funny. I bleed silver and black and shit shades of purple, blue, gold and white.

Kizza

Reaction score
People that change teams are tools tbh. Even if you're team is losing badly every week, a real fan sticks by the team.

Travis40

Reaction score
Team, without a doubt.

I've been a Rangers fan since 2000, and they've been one of the worst teams in baseball since then. They've never won a playoff series, but I've always been a fan, and I'll always be a fan. I became a Cowboys fan in 2001 when they were shit, and stuck with them. I've been a Thunder fan since they came here, and I had to watch them play like shit in their first year lol. But my point is, I don't just switch teams because my team is losing, or they're having a bad year. I'll always stick by my teams. I can see how people would be loyal to a player, but I couldn't see anyone being more loyal to a player, than a team.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Player more than Team.

I'm a Randy Moss fan, when he left the Vikes I was pretty sadden by it but then he went to the Raiders, who during their 2002 SB run I became a fan of, so I was happy where he was going. Then he pretty much did nothing there and he ended in New England. I hate the Patriots. I still cheer for him but my hate for the Pats outweight my favoritism of Moss. When it comes to basketball, it's Player. Football, Team.

I'm from Toronto, where we'll sell out arenas and cheer the hell for our team but curse them out if they lose. As for as I know, nobody hates Chris Bosh (yet) for leaving for Miami.

Reaction score
Way more loyal to the team.

I'm a huge Devils fan and if somebody goes that its for me. I'm not gonna hate the athlete but if he is roughed up during a game by one of guys then thats great.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Player, but I still support the team the player was on.

For instance:

I love the Bulls, but followed the Wizards when MJ started to play there.
I liked the Mariners when Griffey was there, then followed the Reds when he was traded. Still like the Mariners though.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ive always been loyal to cleveland. i would never root against them.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I'm 100% loyal to the Detroit Red Wings. I fucking love Yzerman, he has always been my #1, but like fuck I am going to cheer for Tampa. Red Wings for life.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Football wise, I'm loyal to the Cowboys. I was born into a Cowboys rules fuck Redskins family. So no matter what, I'm a Cowboys fan.

People that change teams are tools tbh. Even if you're team is losing badly every week, a real fan sticks by the team.

I didn't change teams because they were losing. I Vince Carter is my favorite basketball player. Has been since I 1st started watching. So naturally, I follow the team that he's on. They don't become my favorite team, but I'll follow to see what happens with them.

Kizza

Reaction score
I never said you did. Just fans in general who do that really annoy me, bandwagon a team because they're doing well.

There are other times where you can like a player at a different club. I'm an Adelaide fan in the AFL, but I really like guys like Gary Ablett, Jonathan Brown, etc etc.