Are you guys looking forward to this Greatest Royal Rumble show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
This is a very unique show they're putting on. Saudi Arabia is paying a lot for them to do this show.

There's 7 title matches I believe, John Cena vs. Triple H, Undertaker in a casket match, a ladder match, and a 50 man Royal Rumble. I'm not looking forward to the length of the show but it should be interesting.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Since there is a chance I may be starting work next week, if I'm off for the show, I'll probably watch. I at least want to see the burial of Rusev.

"Bury me softly, brother"

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am looking forward, but won't be watching it live due to work.

Reactions: The Sheik

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Cant watch it due to work, but it looks pretty good. Im down to watch it.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it actually. I am so curious about how the crowd is going to react.

Reactions: The Sheik

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know...

To me personally it just seems like one giant sausage-fest
designed to a appeal to a foreign demographic where Vince
may get what he dreams of as his Plank of Wood is FINALLY
cheered when winning the/a top title.

I'm curious to see the crowds reaction to the Plank of Wood...

I will admit I'd near piss myself laughing if his music hits &
the crowd boos louder than the U.S crowds do.

It doesn't really matter anyway...the crowds will just keep
booing him whether he has the top belt or not.

I want to watch the RAW tag title match & the 50 man Rumble
could be entertaining...but because there are no women on
the show (I know & understand why...I don't need to be told)
I just can't really care about this event.

I am curious to see if they do a brand belt swap again...Jinder
could reclaim the U.S title & take it to RAW while Samoa Joe
or the Miz could win the I.C title & take it to SDL...which I'd be
all for.

Imagine how important the I.C title would be if it was involved
in the upcoming Miz/Bryan feud.

(Knowing the WWE they won't even book that because its what
the fans want)

Of course we will also see Styles vs. Nakamura Mk.II (Mk.III?)
which hopefully will be better than their Wrestlemania match.

Of course knowing Vince the Plank of Wood will win the red
belt & then come out at #50 & win the Greatest Royal Rumble
as well.

I mean if the Plank of Wood IS getting cheered...Vince will
want as much footage of that as he can get.

Disastrous_Shiny_Kinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I’m actually okay with Roman winning the belt here, only because I want Brock to lose the belt.

Brock has, without a shadow of a doubt, proven to be the most dominate superstar in history.... therefore, he doesn’t have to hold the belt anymore. He’s proven its credibility and stature, now we need someone else to be champ for a bit while Brock battles other foe.

I don’t want Roman to win, I don’t like Roman, but in this particular spot, let Roman just finally win and get it over with.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Royal Rumbles are always fun to watch.

Very intrigued in what the set is going to look and how good the crowd will be. The shows starts at 5 pm in the UK so I can actually watch a show live for once.

Reactions: SWL and Jay-Ashley

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Very intrigued in what the set is going to look and how good the crowd will be. The shows starts at 5 pm in the UK so I can actually watch a show live for once.
I echo this, generally looking forward to the atmosphere and feel of the event, given that it's in a big open air football stadium with, basically, a massive 65k house show audience who's usually excited for every match on the card. And also, generally speaking, it's something totally different, unique and also completely out of the blue after a huge event like Mania

Reactions: Redboy123@

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Meh, not really. I don't work on Fridays so I'll probably have it on while I search the web or play my switch, just so I can see the matches I'm interested in seeing. Now, just to run down the card in an un-organized paragraph mess because I'm tired.

I'm not interested in the Greatest Royal Rumble ever. That sounds like a nightmare. Look, I love the Rumble, usually, the two Rumbles we got this year we're fantastic. But having 50 man Rumble just because? I don't have any interest in that, I'm sure the winner will get pushed and it won't be just as pointless as the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, but when the incentive is just bragging rights I don't care to spend over an hour of my life watching it. My only real hope for it is that someone who's not Roman Reigns breaks Roman Reigns record of most Royal Rumble eliminations because you have 49 bodies to toss, might as well have someone toss over 13 and my it record breaking in yet another way.

Call it morbid curiosity but I do actually want to see Lesnar vs. Reigns. I thought their last match sucked, I can name the number of Steel Cage matches I legitimately liked on one finger, but I can't help but want to see this. They'll probably have Reigns win it here, but there's honestly doubt in my mind because I was so certain he'd do it Mania. I'll probably watch the fatal four way ladder match because I'm sure it'll be a good match, seems pretty random. I don't know why Joe's in there. Not sure why it's a ladder match. But whatever, it'll be interesting to see if they'll switch the mid-card belts around again. I'm expecting them too by the way, I doubt they'd keep harping on how close Miz is to holding it the longest of all-time if they weren't going to pull the trigger on it soon. On that note, I don't care about the Jinder Mahal/Jeff Hardy because well, the match they did on Raw stunk and Jinder typically doesn't have good matches so yeah.

Styles/Nakamura I'm conflicted on, I'll probably watch it but I'm still pretty soured from their Mania bout. Been loving Nakamura's heel persona though and AJ Styles is every adjective he's ever called himself and more, so I'll probably watch this but I'm going in with tapered expectations (and note, I did not have five star expectations for their Mania bout). The Cruiserweight I'll probably skip but it depends whom Cedric defends against. I have no interest in the Raw Tag Team match, I'm sure it'll be a fine match but the Shake-up just makes it feel like a formality at this point (and I know, it was obvious The Bar weren't winning in the first place but still). The SDL Tag Team match will probably be another squash so I'll probably watch it because it won't take too much time.

I've never thought Cena/HHH gelled well together so that's a definite skip for me. Taker vs. Rusev is a definite watch though, I'm curious to see how this one plays out. Taker will win obviously, but match duration and how much bumps he takes will be very telling. The Cena segment being a squash had a level of karmic redemption to it considering Cena was taking ever low-ball shot he could at Taker, this match with Rusev is a random on-again off-again one night stand that'd you have to be drunk to understand, so I think it'll wind up being pretty telling of what we can come to expect from Taker.

I guess that's roughly half the card I'm looking to watch, so I guess I'm mildly looking forward to it.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I think Reigns is going to win it here, i mean, when you think about it. Marky crowds are more likely to cheer a 'face' than any smarky crowd. And countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, India, etc are all just fans that believe the story WWE tells them. So this might be WWE's only hope of having Reigns win the title and not get boo'd out of the building which is why I think they'll pull the trigger here.

Either way, I just want this feud to end by now. With or without Roman winning, I really don't care anymore.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I think Reigns is going to win it here, i mean, when you think about it. Marky crowds are more likely to cheer a 'face' than any smarky crowd. And countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, India, etc are all just fans that believe the story WWE tells them. So this might be WWE's only hope of having Reigns win the title and not get boo'd out of the building which is why I think they'll pull the trigger here.

Either way, I just want this feud to end by now. With or without Roman winning, I really don't care anymore.

I mean, then again, I saw a video of someone from the United Arab Emirates watching the Royal Rumble from last year in a Movie theatre and when Roman appeared at 30, there was a sizable amount of boos there.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I mean, then again, I saw a video of someone from the United Arab Emirates watching the Royal Rumble from last year in a Movie theatre and when Roman appeared at 30, there was a sizable amount of boos there.
Yes but people that go to bars or movie theatres for PPV are a lot smarkier than the ones that show up for an event just because it is something big. I'm not saying that there are no smarks in gulf countries but I am pretty sure they will have done a good job with pricing that it's mostly people going there for the show rather than the wrestling. Like being there is a social statement of sorts, making the crowd lot less smarkier and more willing to cheer any good guy. If they have Heyman insult Saudi then it would easily shift all of them lol.

We can wait and see I guess.