Are you better than me?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
The Undertaker asked Jim Ross this moments before forcing him to kiss Vince Mcmahon's ass back in late 01. I have to wonder if Mark Callaway was implying that he was gay, seeing as he kissed Vince's ass as much as Jim Ross did. The idea he puts foreward is that they both worked for Vince Mcmahon, so, they both kissed his ass equally.

I'm hoping that wasn't the issue here. Was it?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nothing to do with him being gay. Kissing someone's ass is a saying not to be taking literally. Therefore the line 'Are you better then me'. It means Taker brown noses Vince and its a cheeky thing to say just before you force someone to literally kiss someone's ass. We have the context that Taker is a loyal worker to Vince.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Lol what?

This was a great segment though. Instant heel heat for anyone who disrespects Jim Ross.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I'm staying out of this one

Reactions: Kasumi

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nothing to do with him being gay. Kissing someone's ass is a saying not to be taking literally. Therefore the line 'Are you better then me'. It means Taker brown noses Vince and its a cheeky thing to say just before you force someone to literally kiss someone's ass. We have the context that Taker is a loyal worker to Vince.

Right. Well, even sooner before he made Jim Ross do the deed, he said to JR, 'like it or not, you're gonna kiss his ass!'

So, the Undertaker was so blindly devoted to the WWE that he'd enforce abseloute conformity to the point where he'd help humiliate someone? Sounds like he's a bit of an extremist.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
One idea I get is that since the Undertaker had the privilage of being the only wrestler on the WWE roster to not have lost at WM for nine years straight, management may have gotten into their heads that Mark Callaway was better than any other wrestler. He'd worked for the company longer than many and never shown any signs that he had ever wanted to leave, so, I reckon they thought he was entitled to be better than many, even the Vice President of Talent Relations, who'd been fired and rehired by WWE twice.

A cynical, but possible, interpretation of the issue.