Are you a sports fan or...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Or just a fan of your team(s)? What I mean by this is, say it`s the Stanley Cup, or the Superbowl... If your team isn`t in it, will you watch?
And to take it a step further, even if it isn`t a huge game like the Superbowl or Stanley Cup or World Series, do you often watch random games from around the league, and gtake inrerest in them? Will you sit around on American Thanksgiving and watch a marathon of games, or just your own team?

I`m not suggesting thing makes you a good sports fan or not, but I`m just curious who only follows their own team, and who likes sports in general.
For me, I'm more of a sports as a whole guy, rather than just my team. The teamd I cheer for are my teams, obviously, but I'll watch a ton of playoff games, regardless of who is in, or watch a bunch of thanksgiving games, or opening day games, just to get into it more.
How about everyone else...

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i watch a lot of games throughout the year whoever playing. its usually more exciting then other tv shows. i wont watch shitty teams that i dont care at all about but ill watch random games. i watch a lot of nlf playoff games and i watched the superbowl. i watch a lot of random football games. i never really watched random baseball games. im a big baseball fan but its too slow paced to watch random games. i watch a decent amount of random basketball games but i mostly i watch cavs games. i watched a lot of march madness if that counts too. also im always interested on random stats for players in basketball and football and a kind of for baseball. so ya id say im a sports fan.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I watch the Champions League Final, the FA Cup Final, the World CUP final... in fact just about any prestigiuous final in football regardless of whether my team is in it (being English and supporting Tottenham it's never particularly likely that I'll see my team in one).

I used to watch a lot of basketball too (though not so much anymore now that Magic are shite), and I watched the Celtics vs the Lakers in the playoffs last year, which was awesome despite me supporting neither team. Frankly I don't understand how anyone could completely lose interest just because their team isn't playing.

MJ807

Reaction score
I watch pretty much any football game regardless of who is playing. But baseball as Enigma said it is way too slowpaced to have any interest in anyteam other than your own team. Basketball I only watch my team as well as I'm not that big of a basketball fan.

Soulpower

Sports fan.

I watch every football (Both footballs >_>), Hockey, Baseball and Basketball games that come on tv. Hell, there's times where there are no games on tv, and I end up watching them in streams.

Enigma22

Reaction score
I watch the Champions League Final, the FA Cup Final, the World CUP final... in fact just about any prestigiuous final in football regardless of whether my team is in it (being English and supporting Tottenham it's never particularly likely that I'll see my team in one).

I used to watch a lot of basketball too (though not so much anymore now that Magic are shite), and I watched the Celtics vs the Lakers in the playoffs last year, which was awesome despite me supporting neither team. Frankly I don't understand how anyone could completely lose interest just because their team isn't playing.

Magic are one of the best teams right now. top 3 or 4. lol

niggles

Reaction score
Hockey fan. I'll pretty much watch any hockey game that's on TV but when it comes to other sports, I'll probably just watch the playoffs or a random game if I'm bored.

Rated sXe

Reaction score
I'm not really into sports all too much, but sometimes I'll watch a game if it has a Chicago team playing (Cubs > Sox).

Kizza

Yeah, I watch any cricket that comes on TV, and that's the same with the footy. I'll be making sure to watch Carlton vs Essendon tonight, just cos it's always a great game.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I'm a sports fan

I'm the type of sports fan that doesn't mind watching many sports events like cricket, ping-pong, rugby. And obviously the general popular sports (basketball, soccer, football, hockey, etc.)

But I draw the fucking line with GOLF, it's so damn boring IMO.

MikeRaw

^Golf doesn't even belong in this sports section, lol. Golf is a leisure activity IMO. Fuck Tiger Woods.