Are you a bandwagon jumper?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Like, when your team is out of the post-season will you cheer for another?

Example: I'm a Habs fan (the Montreal Canadiens for the great unwashed) but I live in Ottawa and obviously Ottawa has its own NHL team.

The Habs didn't make the playoffs this year (miserable fucking team) and the Senators did. But like, I didn't start cheering for the Senators to win just because me team isn't in the playoffs. Where's the loyalty? But some people just don't seem to get this.

I know life long Leafs and Habs fans who jumped on the Sens bandwagon once they realised their team wasn't going to make the post-season and I didn't get it and they can't give me a good explanation for it.

Like, I'll shit talk the Habs for being an awful, awful team this year but I'm not going to go out there and start cheering for some other team just because they posted a bad year.

Do any of you do this? Can you give me a good explanation for why you do this?

...god...

Reaction score
They prob do it as an incentive to watch the game, as a ploy to get themselves emotionally invested into it so they're not bored as shit for the rest of the season. But yeah, seems selfish over loyal.

Rell

Reaction score
I hear you 100% monk, with me being a Laker fan and all. The amount of overnight clipper fans that have turned up in LA since Chris Paul was traded here is disgusting.

I don't mind being a player-first type of fan, but when you hop from team to team, I can't respect that.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
^ First of all, holy fuck your sig gave me a fright.

I've never jumped on the bandwagon but I know where you're coming from, all of my friends do it because they dont want to go through the finals without a team to follow.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It's like someone liking two teams, like lets just say...the Cowboys and the Chargers. Only some sort of smurf would do something like that. :)

Oftentimes when my teams get eliminated, I try to latch my interests on specific players who appeal to me either with technical skill or some kind of outside connection to me more than jumping teams. Like i'll always root for Tebow in the NFL, or after the Cubs inevitably get eliminated in June, i'll throw my hat behind a stud pitcher who's making a Cy Young run. Or any white players in the NBA. That's the honorable way to do things, in my opinion.