Are WWE preparing for a brand merge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marvel26

Reaction score
What with all the suspensions and releases I think WWE are cutting their rosters down for the split to finish. Why would WWE be releasing superstars when they have just suspended quite a few already? This seems to me like they are getting ready to merge into one brand
Thoughts...

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
nope...

the day that the brand extinion officially ends, im talking one main belt and everything is the day that i admit that Peepshow is right and TNA is better in every category than WWE

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
nope...

the day that the brand extinion officially ends, im talking one main belt and everything is the day that i admit that Peepshow is right and TNA is better in every category than WWE

.....Or TNA won't be around and ROH will be around.

I don't think that a brand merge isn't coming anytime soon. The guys in the WWE hate having to work a 3 show week let alone they hate a 2 show week. Add in house shows on the weekends and then you have a lot of stress for the guys in the WWE on their bones and mental fortitude. The exact reason why Kurt Angle left the WWE for TNA in the first place. That's why there will be no brand merge anytime soon.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
People have been speculating that a brand merge will happen for awhile. I for one never think it will. They've got three shows now, which means 3 titles. At this point it'd be way too hard to merge. It could have been done awhile back when it was just Raw and SD still, but now they'd have to justify where the other 2 heavyweight belts would go. Putting the shows back together is the furthest thing from what WWE's is trying to do, IMO. If anything, it seems they want more programming to push even more different guys.

Switchy

Reaction score
I don't think they are. They released Eugene and Cryme Tyme both for a reason, not just randomly. If they did release them for no reason then it would be a possibility but otherwise it won't happen.

MikeRaw

There would still be 3 shows EOE.And also,its not near happening.There arent any signs...People werent suspended for no reasson,its because of what they did.The released superstars doesnt mean anything either,they would ditch people like highlanders before Cryme Tyme if it was because of that.
So IMO no it isnt...

phantomgerald

They wouldn't do it. Storylines will get stale fast if you get screen time on 3 shows. This isn't the attitude era anymore. In the past this worked well but it isn't going to work now.

Reaction score
i agree with jabroni,they don't have enough superstars to carry three separate brands,they can unite the belts like they did with chris jericho a few years back.It won't happen but it should happen.

Reaction score
They should bring back WCW. Have it on Thursday. Thursday Night Thunder. LMAO. If they did it right they could make it work and maybe have it lead off like WCW got bought back off of WWE...

CenaMark54

The WWE makes more money by having three brands. It won't change as long as thats the case.

3lions

Reaction score
why did they bring ecw in the 1st place?

Vince McMahon said:
'IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUN-AYYYYY'
:)

But as for the topic, no, WWE is not preparing for a brand merge. WWE will never go back to one single brand/roster. Not unless they are forced to, due to a huge hit to their finances, or if their objective to create territories throughout the World becomes a reality. That way, they wouldn't need three 'US' brands. One would be enough per territory (US/Europe/Asia/etc.).