Are wrestlers too small?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I went to Target with my dad, when he was gonna check out I went to the bathroom and saw Ricochet and Kacy walking by the entrance. I stopped and considered yelling Prince Puma. Didn't especially considering Kaci looked upset. I get back ask my dad (casual fan) if he saw them and he said they're too short. And got to thinking last time WWE ratings were decent Strowman was being pushed as a legit threat and main eventing. At one point Ryback was getting decent ratings despite smark reactions. Heck even Lashley in 2007. Now I'm not saying a small guy can't get over. Just that maybe WWE needs big dudes in the main event

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I consider 6'+ to be tall. The average height is 5'9 so 5'8 and under are considered "short" by number standards.

I would imagine you mean just height in terms of being "too small" and I can't think of one guy who is in the main event who is short.

Here is a list of heights: Wrestler Heights & Weights

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Wrestlers are just smaller now in general i think because steroids arent as common amongst the talent. But now they seem much more athletic. I think anyone can get over no matter their height if they are good in the ring and on the mic. The culture of wrestling changes so much every 10 or so years.

Crash

Reaction score
Wrestlers were always smaller than WWE would like everyone to believe... The height is always "billed at 6''" they are usually a few inches shorter

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Society has quite a few stereotypes of big wrestlers thanks to the Steroids use in the 80's and 90's along with WWE, the biggest game in town, often aiming for former bodybuilders at a time. People may still hold that belief, but it is unrealistic today. Sure, having a mix of body types is great, especially...

:vince3:"All that BEEF!"

But the roster today is far more realistic to what people are yet are still in great shape. And if having a bigger roster is mostly due to steroids, then I'll take a smaller roster that won't go the route of Benoit or Guerrero who took steroids and pain killers to last in the land of the giants and it was part of the reason why they had such tragic fates. As long as they entertain me, I'm fine with any size really.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Smaller guys are not going to bring in new viewers.. People like seeing larger than life characters, it's hard to be that when you're 5'8, you would need a shitload of charisma.

Most of the roster looks like average civilians. It could be part of the ratings problem.. also, the shitty writing and lame storytelling is not helping either.

I personally don't care about size, but a lot of people do.

Reactions: Village Idiot

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Quote..Smaller guys are not going to bring in new viewers.. People like seeing larger than life characters
Agree Sheik

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Quote.. Gerth is more important then length.
That's what all the guys with small one's say on here Hi Pop Tart lmao ?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Personally I think booking is the most important part. I just think maybe they need a few more big dudes at the top or give more liberties in promos. I think they should enforce more weight classes too like in mma so we can see smaller wrestlers have a chance to shine and dominate like Mayweather and that leprechaun McGregor

Reactions: Crash

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Personally I think booking is the most important part. I just think maybe they need a few more big dudes at the top or give more liberties in promos. I think they should enforce more weight classes too like in mma so we can see smaller wrestlers have a chance to shine and dominate like Mayweather and that leprechaun McGregor

I think having a mix of weight classes in matches together can be good for variety. Seeing a smaller but skilled person fight from behind against a bigger foe can be good for creating drama and a story if done right.