Are We Finishing the Story? The Cody/Rock/Roman Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I strongly disagree, they care very much, and they already make a shit ton of $$$$ for them, in business, if it ain't broke don't fix it
We’re not talking about the bloodline we’re talking about a statistic in this particular conversation. So I’m gonna say specifically if we’re only talking about caring about a statistic there’s no way in hell HHH cares more about a Wikipedia page, saying so and so was the third longest WWE champion then he does about creating the next stone cold Steve Austin insert whoever you want your next company ace is right here.

As for guarantees, there are never guarantees, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have Shawn Michaels put Steve Austin over at 14 because you want for stick with the guy that’s been there already.

Considering Cody is generating reactions, organic reactions, no one has in like 15 years, I feel it’s a pretty strong bet.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Death threats are not unique to Cody fans or wrestling fans. They happen all the time in sports. They happen to celebrities. Some people in general just fucking suck. Stop pretending it’s only Cody fans or wrestling fans.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For fucks sake they had cody lose last year to roman so he could get to 1k days as champion
That was part of it, but it was mostly done to increase Cody’s overness by defeating Brock Lesnar. Having a record is a great bonus but you don’t sabotage booking unless you have a reason outside the record to extend it.

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
We’re not talking about the bloodline we’re talking about a statistic in this particular conversation. So I’m gonna say specifically if we’re only talking about caring about a statistic there’s no way in hell HHH cares more about a Wikipedia page, saying so and so was the third longest WWE champion then he does about creating the next stone cold Steve Austin insert whoever you want your next company ace is right here.

As for guarantees, there are never guarantees, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have Shawn Michaels put Steve Austin over at 14 because you want for stick with the guy that’s been there already.

Considering Cody is generating reactions, organic reactions, no one has in like 15 years, I feel it’s a pretty strong bet.

Idk I think you guys underestimate what wwe and hhh himself care about, in any case we will get our answer come april

And your way overestimating how over cody is, yes he is over but he isn't on the level of a hogan or stone cold type over

And what's keeping him over is the chase, once that is gone, what then?

History has shown that baby faces don't stay over for long once the chase ends

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
Death threats are not unique to Cody fans or wrestling fans. They happen all the time in sports. They happen to celebrities. Some people in general just fucking suck. Stop pretending it’s only Cody fans or wrestling fans.
I don't think its all fans, there are sane rational fans of his in this very thread

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Idk I think you guys underestimate what wwe and hhh himself care about, in nay case we will get our answer in april
Maybe I am, but if he turns out to care more about Wikipedia than his company making money, I’ll have lost all respect for him.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
History has shown that baby faces don't stay over for long once the chase ends
The statement only depends on the territory WWE has always been a babyface territory as long as you pick the right guy you can still draw money even after the chase is over. And even when you’re in a territory where you’re more heel-dominated, and the chase is where you make the money you still have to eventually let the babyface win the belt. Even if you have Cody drop the belt back to Roman at Survivor series.

Which I didn’t even think about until just now, but he seriously could. And then you would have from survivor series until wrestlemania and you could still do a title match with the rock at wrestlemania 41.

And no we’re not overestimating anything. I think you’re severely underestimating Cody because you just don’t see it. That man was so over that was the only one or two times the fans freaked out so much that WWE was possibly gonna fuck on him that nearly 1,000,000 people said no fucking way.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I feel a lot of times too when people try to make comparisons people think it’s a direct one for one. I’m not saying that Cody today is as over as stone cold was in 1998. What I’m saying is Cody could be the equivalent top guy for today.

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I am, but if he turns out to care more about Wikipedia than his company making money, I’ll have lost all respect for him.

In any case I don't hold any ill will to fans like you, I genuinely hope you enjoy wm 40

And if you get your moment I sincerely hope you enjoy it

I won't always get what I want in pro wrestling so I'm trying to accept that

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The statement only depends on the territory WWE has always been a babyface territory as long as you pick the right guy you can still draw money even after the chase is over. And even when you’re in a territory where you’re more heel-dominated, and the chase is where you make the money you still have to eventually let the babyface win the belt. Even if you have Cody drop the belt back to Roman at Survivor series.

Which I didn’t even think about until just now, but he seriously could. And then you would have from survivor series until wrestlemania and you could still do a title match with the rock at wrestlemania 41.

And no we’re not overestimating anything. I think you’re severely underestimating Cody because you just don’t see it. That man was so over that was the only one or two times the fans freaked out so much that WWE was possibly gonna fuck on him that nearly 1,000,000 people said no fucking way.
But don't you know? That doesn't represent the *real* audience! The Silent Majority, so to speak.

:heston

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I feel a lot of times too when people try to make comparisons people think it’s a direct one for one. I’m not saying that Cody today is as over as stone cold was in 1998. What I’m saying is Cody could be the equivalent top guy for today.
I don't think anyone is saying that either. Nobody will ever be as over as Steve Austin was in 1998.

That doesn't mean it's pointless to make new stars lmfao.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The WWE has funnily enough tried to force create its next Ace for the past like 15+ years and they finally have a superstar who organically has gotten to the top and all they have to do is just not fuck it over.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
What's your opinion on roman? Do you think he is a top star? Where do you think he will rank once he retires?

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
What's your opinion on roman? Do you think he is a top star? Where do you think he will rank once he retires?

Edit: oops, sorry about the double post