• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Anyone think those Jericho promos for his return were bull?

Asskicker

Champion
I mean, they served no purpose what so ever when he returned. Honestly, they should've just had one promo that said he would come back for what is his not 6 friggin promos with bunch of BS.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
It did get everyone wondering what they were about though, it was a nice discussion.

Mr Cobalt

Jobber
Yeah I have no problem with it, I'd prefer it than when they flash a still image and say "So and so returns next week"...that sucks.

Asskicker

Champion
yeah it just annoyed me that half the stuff from the video really didn't apply to the return that much at all. but the first weeks without him talking were interesting.

Crayo

The Boss
What I think happened was they had a different angle in mind, but bailed for the best in the world vs best in the world feud (which then was bailed for the drunk vs straight edge feud). So those vignettes meant nothing eventually, so Jericho explained it as him "trolling the audience" which he did do so it covered quite well.

Mr Cobalt

Jobber
Crayo said:
What I think happened was they had a different angle in mind, but bailed for the best in the world vs best in the world feud (which then was bailed for the drunk vs straight edge feud). So those vignettes meant nothing eventually, so Jericho explained it as him "trolling the audience" which he did do so it covered quite well.

I think this was probably what happened. It has all the markings of a last minute decision to ditch the first plan. The benefit for WWE is that it was so vague and random that nothing changed when they changed directions.

Crayo

The Boss
Shame as those vignettes were the best I've ever seen for a hyped return. They were insanely good. WWE is incredible in this area; video packages, vignettes, internet hype and anything similar.

Mr Cobalt

Jobber
They should use them again every six months or so, and three years down the line have someone debut and say they've been planning it for years hah