Anyone else notice this?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Feuding with Swagger would just kill his cheers tbh. I Iike Swagger, but under Vickie with his current "never speak" gimmick, the crickets aren't even making noise.

So first you say that people don't care who he's facing, it's just about how awesome he is blah blah blah but now if he stops squashing jobbers and starts putting on actual wrestling matches with Swagger it kills his momentum?

huh?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Jinder Mahal beat down actual jobbers for weeks and it didn't do shit for him. Damien Sandow's beating up actual wrestlers now, and Ryback feels like a MUCH bigger deal than Sandow. While I hate the SSDD booking and the Vladimir Koslov memories as well, this is definitely working.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
So first you say that people don't care who he's facing, it's just about how awesome he is blah blah blah but now if he stops squashing jobbers and starts putting on actual wrestling matches with Swagger it kills his momentum?

huh?

Ugh, I have to explain everything, I forgot. Feuding with Swagger would have to be treated as a normal feud, not squashes, right? A normal feud with Ryback means no awesome dominating segments, which means the feud itself would need to be booked well to accommodate for that. Swagger is booked like a shit house, and him feuding with Ryback in his current state would be a cricket feud. If Swagger broke free of Vickie, won the US title, had mic segments like he did as WHC and then feuded with Ryback I'd be all for it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
99.9% of WWE's feuds are booked like shit. When I say I want them to feud obviously I don't mean I want to see a typical shit WWE feud. I didn't realize I had to qualify everything I said.

My point was I could sit down for 10 minutes and draw up an outline for a good feud between the two, not that I would expect WWE to be able to do so. I guess since WWE can't book feuds Ryback should just stay squashing jobbers for the rest of forever to prevent him from entering the death trap that is a WWE feud?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That is a WWE feud with current Swagger. I think if he was to even be booked poorly in a feud with Big Show, who's just come out of the ME (after Cena beats him) would be a big big push for Ryback, a lot better than Swagger. If not, you wait for something to come up. While waiting, you keep a working system.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Ryback goes from squashing nobodies to going over Big Show. It just isn't something that's likely to happen. It's a fun pipe dream for you being a Ryback nut swinger and being a guy who would erase Big Show from the planet if given the option, but it's far from reality.

inb4RybackgoesoverBigShownextmonthandthispostisbumped

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
On the show where they can't pipe in chants because it's live (Raw), Ryback gets nothing but loud Goldberg chants. But on the show where they can pipe in chants because it's taped (Smackdown), he gets chants of "Ryback" and "Finish Him!" Hmm...

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Good thing, noticed it. It started a chant, so it was good for the him and the match.

Well done.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
feed me THREE!!!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
On the show where they can't pipe in chants because it's live (Raw), Ryback gets nothing but loud Goldberg chants. But on the show where they can pipe in chants because it's taped (Smackdown), he gets chants of "Ryback" and "Finish Him!" Hmm...

I think you have selective hearing. Watch RAW again. He's getting over.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I think you have selective hearing. Watch RAW again. He's getting over.

And you can still see the people on SD in the backgroung cheering him so its not all fake chants

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He got some move pops like when he hit his finisher and the double powerbomb, but the majority is Goldberg chants. He does seem to be getting kinda over, but he needs to distance himself from the Goldberg comparison IMO.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KjwclU3K_w[/yt]

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Not sure how being compared to a legend is really that bad, especially when he hasn't done much to establish any kind of character.