Anyone else like 50's/60's wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Started to watch it on youtube in my early to mid 20's, got in to exploring it because of Gorgeous George, I think I had just seen a picture of him online on a classic wrestling article or something, and, I thought he looked interesting, so, I started to look up his work and became a fan, and also to get deeper in to the history of wrestling. It's really cool stuff to watch and see how wrestling was back in that time, the crowds, the shows they put on, the way wrestling in general was.

Reactions: Buttermaker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Definitely, the era I've seen the least of obviously, but the Hidden Gems on the Network had some random stuff from the 50s and 60s and I ended up watching most of them including a few longer Lou Thesz matches which were really entertaining. I can't say I just love it or anything, but just watching it to see how wrestling started out was fun. For history's sake more than anything I guess lol

• Love
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Time

Reaction score
Yeah, from what I've seen. It's definitely different from modern sensibilities but I like all wrestling lel.

This match is awesome. Granted Bull Curry is an outlier because he pioneered the brawling and hardcore style of wrestling.

Buttermaker

Reaction score
I find wrestling of all time periods interesting, but the 50’s and 60’s are especially interesting because it seems hard to hard down all the info.

Im a territory nerd, and got arenas, towns, territory lines, television shows for most territories figured out, but the 50’s and 60’s is a mystery. The late 60’s aligns closer sit by the standard territory system we’re familiar with, but the 50’s is quite the time.

wrestling was massive, and had national and tv and radio coverage.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I find wrestling of all time periods interesting, but the 50’s and 60’s are especially interesting because it seems hard to hard down all the info.

Im a territory nerd, and got arenas, towns, territory lines, television shows for most territories figured out, but the 50’s and 60’s is a mystery. The late 60’s aligns closer sit by the standard territory system we’re familiar with, but the 50’s is quite the time.

wrestling was massive, and had national and tv and radio coverage.

Yeah its always felt like more of a gray area for me too. Even older history i feel is more documented lol but the first golden age of TV I feel like I know so little about

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I mean... it's not like you can't find any moving pictures from that era.

Here or here for example. The first channel has loads of videos from that era and on the second channel you can also find some matches if you scroll a bit through their uploads.

Reactions: Chris

Buttermaker

Reaction score
Tons of videos sure. I’m looking for information in cards, bookers, stories, how territories functioned etc.