• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Believe In God?

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
More Overrated than sliced bread
images

The dude is a lyrical genius you have to agree with that?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
As we speak I am writing a paper on why the Church and State need to be separate....soooo.....but my argument is more based upon liberal freedom of the individual and the Church getting involved in the state leads possible exploitation of individual's rights to life, liberty and property and an institutionalised religion forces people to follow one faith rather than pick what they truly believe, whether Christian, catholic, Athiest, Muslim, etc.

I personally respect all beliefs sets. Whether someone follows a faith or not isn't my problem and my first girlfriend was from a religious background and I still loved her and today we are still on good terms with each other for the most part. Not just that, I have a few friends who are religious and one of them I usually eat lunch with between classes and he usually prays before he eats. So, I usually sit down, bow my head and pay my respect. In fact, my paper is a counter to his as he is arguing the opposite point so we want to see who will get the highest mark.

In the end, we can't agree on everything, but we can learn to respect other's beliefs and find common ground to stand on. (Social Justice Beaver)

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
images

The dude is a lyrical genius you have to agree with that?
No lol not at all. Sorry man. Dont wanna send this thread totally off topic but no i dont think hes a genius in any way

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
More Overrated than sliced bread
If Eminem was black, DK would love him probably just like he hatin' on all white boys fucking bitch

Also the absolute irony in @dee or @deth or @.d. or @smurf or whatever his name is nowadays believing in God yet constantly making ''jokes'' about how much he hates jews and mucs milsum. How childish. :pity: :pity1: ;pity734:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Do I believe in any religious version of God?

No

Do I believe in some sort of unexplainable cosmic dimensional vibrating energy frequencies that somehow connect all matter, time, and everything else unknown throughout the entire universe?

I guess

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Sigh, this is a hard question to answer. Back in 2003, I had what some people would call a born again experience. Beforehand I was sort of pagan but closer to atheist. I don't really want to go too deep into what happened in the experience, but I converted to Christianity, joined the Episcopal Church, got baptized etc.

Nowadays, I still sometimes go to church, but it's not because I feel I have too. I just really enjoy Episcopal liturgies. I wear a small gold cross around my neck, which I've worn constantly since 2003.

In regards to my actual beliefs, my viewpoint on religion is probably closer to Hindu than anything else. I see God as Brahman, a pervasive force that is the ultimate reality from which everyone and everything in the universe exists. I don't look at God as a big bearded man sitting on some clouds. To me, God is the single unifying force behind the universe. Each one of us are part of the Brahman, just different manifestations of it. In that viewpoint, every living being is really part of the same existence, the same force, just represented as separate in physical form.

I tend to believe in Jesus, but I don't look at his crucifixion as the important part of his life. I actually read the gnostic gospels and I think the things that he said are WAY more important than the crucifixion. The Gospel of Thomas, for instance, which doesn't even mention the crucifixion or resurrection.

I also don't discount other religious figures or beliefs. I think the Tao te Ching is a brilliant book and contains many great teachings. I think Buddha did as well, although I think he took his vow of poverty a bit too far.

But the thing is, believing in any of these things are difficult for me. I am first and foremost a scientist and a skeptic. The ideas of life after death, forces we cannot measure with scientific methods, and the existence of anything not observable goes against my perceptions as a scientist. For me, continuing to believe in anything religious or spiritual is very difficult. Even so, I haven't totally abandoned it.