Another Reason to Justify American Cars > Foreign Cars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^A foreign company saved Ford from bankruptcy.They stopped making garbage cars like the old Focus. Volvo started designing cars for them like in 05 and they designed the Fusion, the 500 and that new spiffy Taurus. Ford would be on the same boat as Chrysler and GM without Volvo.

Kizza

Over here the quality cars are Holden and Fords. Your Pontiac GTO is an Australian car.

Anything with a front wheel drive = shit.

Toddy

Reaction score
You would have to have different categories for European and Asian cars as most of the Asian from personal experience are the lesser carmakers

TeaDkay

Reaction score
rofl at the idea of american cars being of any quality

Reaction score
^ I agree with you. I've been duped twice by Chevrolet, and as long as I live, I voe to never drive an American name again.

When the "Big 3" went to Washington to BEG for money, I was livid at my tv. I kept yelling "Let 'em die! Let 'em die!". But of course, lobbyists fixed that one because those companies were "too big to fail" so they got handed a blank check, and the taxpayers took it up the ass, AGAIN. Of course, there's no incentive from the companies that took bailout money either, whereas there should have been from the start, considering it wasn't their money to begin with.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yup, that bailout more or less eliminated future progress in the automotive field. Forcing those companies to sink or swim would've been the best option because if they would have failed there most certainly would have been other companies coming to the forefront willing to make the necessary progresses. As it is now that progress has been stunted and an opportunity to evolve the automotive industry may not come for a long time.

Reaction score
Yup, that bailout more or less eliminated future progress in the automotive field. Forcing those companies to sink or swim would've been the best option because if they would have failed there most certainly would have been other companies coming to the forefront willing to make the necessary progresses. As it is now that progress has been stunted and an opportunity to evolve the automotive industry may not come for a long time.

Agreed. They (the CEO's of Ford GM and Chrysler) were so focused on saving their asses, rather than working out a deal to try and salvage their equipment and workers over to "business absorption". What could have been done is the Big 3 SHOULD HAVE approached Honda, Toyota, Kia, etc and said

"Look, here's the deal:, we're broke, you're making better cars...absorb the best workers of ours, whatever plants and equipment of ours you can use and produce our vehicles for us in your plants and we'll only ask 35% of the profits. That way all these people won't be out of work, to include parts distributors and auto dealerships"

But no, they didn't want to change anything and now you can forget smaller, more fuel efficient, more economical cars, and the expansion of alternative fuels.