Another Reason to Justify American Cars > Foreign Cars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Everyone used to say never buy an American car. However lately I think the tables have turned the other way. You always hear about problems with Toyota's. Well My parents have a 2005 Hyundai Hatchback. One week ago the trunk open light lit up on the dash and won't go off even with the trunk closed. Funny thing is that the light only goes off when you push the brake. We took it to the Hyundai dealer and they claimed there was a short. They had it for 2 days and still couldn't find the problem. They "rigged it" where the light wouldn't light no matter what. It was fine for a week and now the light just went on again today.

When I get my first car I am buying a Chevy like a full blooded american.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You are aware that most of these foreign cars are assembled in the US by American workers, right?

xtremebadass

Yea they design shitty cars, it doesn't matter where they are made. It's who designed them that makes them not work right.

noumenon

So a faulty dashboard light on a 5 year old car should be a reason to completely dismiss foreign cars? Shit, and I thought Toyotas accelerating to uncontrollable speeds and killing people was bad...

Also LOL @ the electrician who couldn't fix this problem.

xtremebadass

I said this is just another problem against foreign cars, it definitely isn't the most serious in anyway. It does drain the battery since it stays on though lol.

This is a dealership and they couldn't fix it. I researched this problem on the net and alot of other people have had the same problem with Hyundai. From what I have read there is no way of fixing it. No one had a straight answer.

noumenon

How about... I dunno... disconnecting the light? Or putting it on it's own independent circuit linked directly to the hatch and not have it share the general door appliance circuit?

I dunno but that's just coming from an electrician. :D

xtremebadass

Mexicans?

Mexicans ...or asians actually. I had an internship at this plant that made car parts two summers ago. I walked through the plant and they had mexicans and asians everywhere. There was one 80 year old white guy there though, but it was his last week before retiring lol.

Reaction score
I won't ever buy a "UAW" made foreign car, how about that?

The Union of Auto Workers pretty much makes crappy cars so they can guarantee themselves future work. Fuck 'em.

I've been screwed over twice by GM and I will NEVER drive another "Detroit 3" vehicle in my life.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So a faulty dashboard light on a 5 year old car should be a reason to completely dismiss foreign cars? Shit, and I thought Toyotas accelerating to uncontrollable speeds and killing people was bad...

Also LOL @ the electrician who couldn't fix this problem.

BTW those Toyotas that have been recalled were assembled in the US as well from what I understand. The ones that were 100% made in Japan are not effected by the recall.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I own a ford fusion 07 and am proud to drive a ford considering they did not accept any bail out money and were one of the only american car makers to make a profit last year. I think ford is where its at considering hey didn't accept any government funding.