Another of Hulk Hogan's Friends to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Thanks to Eric Lauzin for the following. ... Brutus Beefcake just said on radio station 790 The Ticket in Miami on The Dan LeBatard Show he's going to TNA to join Hulk Hogan where they're "Starting from scratch & going NWO Style."

Source: Pwinsider.com

Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? After all of Hulk's friends that have been in TNA in 2010 alone, it appears another one is coming in. I doubt he will be on a small contract either. Wonder how many young talents they'll have to release to bring Beefcake in? Sigh...

Discuss...

Montana

Reaction score
I almost can't believe this, but with Hogan who knows. Dixie has to realize that bringing in Hogan was a complete failure. "starting from stratch, NWO style" Good god... Beefcake was never relevent. TNA starts from scratch every 2 months. Here's an idea, DONT start from scratch, and go off what the company has done in the past few months, so storylines actually make sense.

RobyD

Reaction score
Well, I don't necessarily believe that Brutus Beefcake in itself would be a bad thing, because just like anyone else with the star power and legendary status he has, if he were used in the right way, he could be useful.

The bad that I'm hearing from this article is that "starting from scratch" tidbit. Oh please God no Hogan. Just because you don't know anything about these guys doesn't mean that you have to fuck their roster up.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Well Hulk has already brought plenty of his friends to TNA this year. (Bischoff, Hervey, Hart, The Nastys, and RVD) so I wouldn't be surprised if Beefcake popped up and held somewhat of power in TNA, being Hogan's friend. I also read somewhere (a few months ago so this is probably a bit dead now) that Hulk was trying to bring in more friends, and that more people were trying to come in, the likes of HTM, DDP (Thought he had 10 good matches left), and Goldberg (Hogan wanted him to wrestle one more match atleast for TNA) so ya...

Reaction score
I called this back in March, I think.

I'm surprised he hasn't popped up yet, tbh. Which of his 20 or so failed gimmicks will he use?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Beefcake was boring in the 80's, what the fuck, Hogan is being lame again with employing his buddies and then giving newer, younger talent barely any airtime.

If he comes out wearing his 80's Barber stripper outfit, I'm going to fucking vomit. He wasn't sexy in it back then and he sure as hell wont be any sexier now.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Did anyone actually see what he looked like back in oh... 2008 or so? On Hulk Hogan's CCW show? He looked horrible and if he comes to TNA, I really don't think hes going to do anything worthy of a paycheck. But, since hes Hogan's friend, im sure he'll be getting bigger numbers on TNA's payroll than guys like AJ Styles and etc.

Reaction score
Did anyone actually see what he looked like back in oh... 2008 or so? On Hulk Hogan's CCW show? He looked horrible and if he comes to TNA, I really don't think hes going to do anything worthy of a paycheck. But, since hes Hogan's friend, im sure he'll be getting bigger numbers on TNA's payroll than guys like AJ Styles and etc.

Hogan, Nash, Russo, Bischoff, Flair etc pretty much running TNA means Ed Leslie will get a paycheck to carry Hogan's luggage. They paid him and countles others to sit backstage in WCW, I'm guessing they'll do the same in TNA

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Lol, wonder if the paycheck for "Hogan's personal luggage man" Brutus Beefcake pays more than "The guy whos been with the company since 2002 attracting numerous fans" AJ Styles.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

Actually, he looked better on that show, imo.

Reaction score
Well, I don't necessarily believe that Brutus Beefcake in itself would be a bad thing, because just like anyone else with the star power and legendary status he has, if he were used in the right way, he could be useful.

Lol. Ed Leslie hasn't had an effective name or drawn a dime since the late 80's.