Another new name for Generico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
The dark match before last night's WWE NXT tapings saw the former El Generico defeat Briley Pierce with a Yaluza Kick. The former Generico is now using the name Sammy Sane.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/

At least he's still using the Yakuza kick :phew:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I mentioned it when I posted the spoilers.

I like the name.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Shit name like all of FCW/NXT names.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Blame the wrestlers then. They apparently pick their own names, at least the guys with indy pull. Ohno and Neville named themselves and Generico is arguably bigger than both on the indy scene.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I blame the fuck heads telling them to change names. You think if they truly let Generico and Hero pick they wouldn't just keep their names?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I blame the f*ck heads telling them to change names. You think if they truly let Generico and Hero pick they wouldn't just keep their names?

Exactly that. They're obsessed with owning the characters more than having successful characters that the talent are comfortable with.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the WWE fans are comfortable with Chris Hero and El Generico though. Majority of the WWE crowds are casuals.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I highly doubt that the WWE fans are comfortable with Chris Hero and El Generico though. Majority of the WWE crowds are casuals.

I said that the talent are comfortable with. Generico being Generico is natural to him. Sammy Sane? :pity:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Stopspot said:

How would a WWE crowd be comfortable or uncomfortable with a character they haven't seen?

He was talking about the wrestlers being comfortable with characters they've played in the Indies for years being yanked out from under them to become shittier versions with terrible names.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
I said that the talent are comfortable with. Generico being Generico is natural to him. Sammy Sane? :pity:

Dolph'sZiggler said:
How would a WWE crowd be comfortable or uncomfortable with a character they haven't seen?

He was talking about the wrestlers being comfortable with characters they've played in the Indies for years being yanked out from under them to become shittier versions with terrible names.

I read talent as crowd for some reason. My bad.

I honest to god don't see a problem with them trying new things while in developmental. The entire reason for them being there is to try out new things and work out kinks and such before the main roster. Look at Ohno, is vicious heel character he worked before (which he apparently asked to do himself) didn't work out so he is reverting to the Chris Hero character.

the wrestlers have a lot of say in developmental with their gimmicks apparently so I wouldn't be to worried. If Generico wants to work another gimmick and not sign over his Generico gimmick to the WWE then that is all fine and dandy in my book.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you get this "The talent have so much input!" idea from? Sounds about like the opposite of what we always here from WWE. I'd love to continue this discussion but until I see some halfway decent sources confirming this notion, I'll have to stop. You are literally the only person I see who thinks developmental talent have a big input in their gimmicks.

I mean, you keep saying "They have so much say in developmental" but the end game is ALWAYS a shitty name, gimmick and move set when they move to the main roster. Wonder why that is...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wait until he debuts, lets all complain about that name because surely it's going to be dreadful too...

Also, in this age where we have generic ass names like "Cody Rhodes", "Justin Gabriel", and even "Daniel Bryan" running around, don't tell me WWE wouldn't be fine with "Chris Hero". And I wouldn't blame him because nobody in their right mind would think "Kassius Ohno" > "Chris Hero"

Think part of why Ryback got over so quickly as somebody different was his awkward name, it helped him stand out. "El Generico" could do the same thing, plus it'll make the kiddies laugh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Lol this.

I don't believe the wrestlers choose them either to be honest. Gone are the days of gimmick names too like Undertaker, Kane, Rock, etc. All these realistic -- but not, because they're shit -- type name are pathetic.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lol'd. Stupid name.

What's the point of even bringing him in? No mask, new name? He's just going to look like some vanilla midget jobber to the casuals and probably even the smarks. At least with the mask and name he'd be interesting.