Anonymous WWE Star Rants on Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The Rock making his much anticipated return to Raw next Monday, John Cena had harsh words for "The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment," saying he's no longer The People's Champion, but he's a champion with people (referring to the entourage around him). After strongly criticizing The Rock for returning, but not sticking around WWE, Cena vowed to beat the iconic grappler in his hometown of Miami, Florida at WrestleMania XXVIII.

A number of WWE performers appeared giddy backstage over Cena's remarks as they legitimately feel that way over Johnson. One talent commented via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under condition of of anonymity: "[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about Triple H, 'Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

Source PWInsider.com

Interesting.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I bet it's Orton / Punk who said this. Who ever it is he's right however Rocky hasn't helped anyone, he could have put the corre over huge when they attacked him and Cena instead they just hit their finishers on them.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah Punk or Orton were the first two that came to my mind, and Ziggler for some reason.

It may be someone like Dolph with it being anonymous actually, I can't see Punk or Orton not adding their name to it. It doesn't seem to be their style.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Why don't they just come out and reveal themselves? If they're not shy enough about speaking their minds, then why not just come out and let everyone know whose opinion this is?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Why don't they just come out and reveal themselves? If they're not shy enough about speaking their minds, then why not just come out and let everyone know whose opinion this is?

Two scenarios
1) They don't want to be fired for speaking out against a top guy.
2) It's dirtsheet BS so they can't attach a name as it never happened.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:

Because they would get in deep trouble backstage.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RKO said:
Do you think it's possible for Rock to get louder boo's than Cena at WM @[seabs]

I can't see Rock getting booed anywhere especially not in Miami tbh. He's too much of a legend.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Would they really get into much trouble for speaking their opinion on The Rock, a guy who isn't a full-time wrestler anymore? Cena, Orton and Punk didn't get into trouble for speaking their minds about him. And it shouldn't make a difference whether they themselves are a top guy or not.

Also, I wonder if it's Jericho who is saying it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Would they really get into much trouble for speaking their opinion on The Rock, a guy who isn't a full-time wrestler anymore? Cena, Orton and Punk didn't get into trouble for speaking their minds about him. And it shouldn't make a difference whether they themselves are a top guy or not.

It does make a difference where you are on the card. Imagine you're Vince and two guys step up and make a controversial comment, one makes you $2 million and one makes you $100,000 which one would you take action against?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:

Of course they would, Rock's there biggest draw for Wrestlemania this year this year, can't have superstars bad mouthing him etc. Punk and Orton are two big guys, they can do and say as they please. Cena is in a feud with him, he's allowed to say what he wants.

And no, Jericho & Rock are good friends.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Rocky is a legend.. That's for sure. I wish I would of went with Dan to his conferance in Texas last summer. Dan was there with the Rock talking about WWE.

Dan Severin by the way, he's my wrestling coach... When I'm able to wrestle again.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Interesting.

I will quote what i mentioned before repeatedly in some other threads "i know the rock quite well, he isnt the type of guy whos gonna come back just to put others over".

But the thing i dont agree with this annonymus guy is that he makes it sound bad. I respect the rock BECAUSE he doesnt like to put others over him. About time someone kept their self esteem, and not sell it to vince for money. Look at what guys like foley have become. Once legends, now jobbers. Jericho would have been regarded as a far bigger legend if he didnt come back to get beaten by punk and orton just for some money.
U can talk about their passion for wwe and unselfishness as much as u want, but the truth is none of them would have been here to show their "unselfishness" if vince didnt pay them for it. In the end its all about money.

The fact that rock has all kept his head high, makes him the most electryfying man in the sports entertainment, thats why rock will always be rock and the jerichos and foleys will always be behind him, even though jericho got twice in ring skills than him and foley has teared his body 10x time than rock has.

Thats what people love about rocky. The electryfying guy whos talks to himself in 3rd person whos always entertaining with the mic and doesnt let a single person, jobber or legend get over him, thats why theres always so much hype over him.

The only person he legitemately put over in his whole carrier was Brock Lesner and Brock was a far better wrestler than cena will ever be.

I can understand the frustation of some of the guys like Dolph and Orton though because of suddenly moving out of the limelight because of Rock.

I dont think its punk though, they seem to get along well at twitter.