Andre the Giant or Khali

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marvel26

Reaction score
I was just wondering if Andre the giant could actually wrestle? I wasn't around when he wrestled and I just wondered if it was the size that makes Khali a crap wrestler or if he is just a crap wrestler?

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Andre was a phenomenon of his time. In the 70's and 80's he was bigger than life because no one had ever seen anyone like him. Then the style of wrestling was slower as well, so that made his big, slow moves seem believeable. The difference physically between Khali and Andre isn't very vast, but it's the subtle differences that make Andre better are obvious. Andre actually tried to sell a match and make it interesting, whereas Khali just looks lost in space out there. He isn't a wrestler at heart, he's just there to make money from his size thats marketable. Andre cut good promos and was also funny. Khali is unintelligible and just plain bad.

When you watched someone like Hogan wrestle Andre it was amazing because Hogan's moves were big and slow too. That was just the style of that era. Watching Khali wrestle the smaller quicker wrestlers of today makes Khali look really awkward and lost in the ring.

Andre was much better than Khali, but you do have to take into account the time difference.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Neither of them are very good wrestlers, but as V2 said, Andre was new and pretty much all wrestling sucked compared to today's standards. I do believe though that Big Show was great for his size.

kingovkings

Reaction score
i agree with v2 and his point about Andre he was awesome for his time and i loved watching him.and i agree with chucks point about big show IMO show was gud for a big guy and he actually looked gud in the ring,unlike kahli who sucks big time and move set of about 3 things big boot choke slam and that head squeezing thing i hate watching him and he doesn't improve either as the weeks go on he just looks akward and lost most of the time

Reaction score
I got three words for you THEY BOTH SUCK.

agreed although andre's afro and the slower paced more methodical wrestling of andre's era made him standout and look better than he really was.Men over 7 feet and over 400 pounds don't have a lot of mobility.basket ball players do because they don't weigh that much though some are over 7 feet :detective:

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'd say Khali's better,cause he's not as fat.
Although I think his matches are tough as hell to watch,but if they booked him Andre style and just put him in Battle-Royals or Multiple-man matches like Royal Rumbles and just let him win those kinds of matches,I think i'd be alright with him.

P.S.: Kane & Big Show are the two awesomest Giants.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I definitely the Big Show was great for his size. He was definitely the best all-around performer when considering all of the Giants of professional wrestling.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Big Show was for sure better than Khali and Andre.

One thing to remember about Khali though is that he can do a lot more than what he does. He's not great, but he is better than how he's portrayed.

the_quick_silver

Reaction score
Big Show is a fine entertainer compared to The Great Khali & I havent seen any matches of Andre except the one where he gets slammed by Hogan, so I cant say about him.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
How long was Andre's undefeated streak? I could be wrong, but I remember reading it was like a few years long.

Someone help me out here...

James478

Reaction score
Imagine: Andre vs Khali: Depict It

Imagine if Andre The Giant hadn't died and that he and The Great Khali were wrestling in the same decade.

I can imagine it:

A raging battle, that goes on for quite a while

Both men focus on each others heads, with Khali using many big boots and clotheslines.

Whilst Andre dominates with throat thrusts and headbutts

Finally, there is a catastrophic clash between both men, and the four corners of the ring come crashing down, like what happened with Brock Lesnar and Big Show

(for more info see the Most Memorable Smackdown Moments in the List This section on the WWE website, if you can't find it just ask me)

And through the dust, we see Andre rise up, before performing an unbelievable big splash pin on Khali.

Andre picks up the win, and reigns surpeme

What a great match that would have been!

Vaan1221

Reaction score
They just suck bcuz Big Show was good for part of his career, Kane and Undertaker are BEASTS, but they aint GIANTS, they just HUGE