And the first name for the 2014 HOF is...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
NODQ.com
Word going around at RAW was that Paul Bearer will indeed be the first name announced for the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame. It's said Bearer is a lock for next year.

There will be talk at WWE headquarters this week about whether or not The Undertaker should do the induction.

Taker never appears at the Hall of Fame to keep in character but there's a feeling that he should do the honors for Bearer for obvious reasons. Another name brought up for Bearer's induction is Michael "PS" Hayes.

Probably not a surprise to anyone, but it looks like WWE is already locking this up.

Thoughts on who should induct him? Undertaker seemed like the obvious pick to me too and I doubt anyone will be extraordinarily stunned to see him out of character in this day and age. Not sure why Michael Hayes was brought up in the first place unless it has something to do with their ties to WCCW and USWA, but hardly anyone remembers that.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Gotta be Undie or at least Kane.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Just because of WWE's own rewritten history we should ignore that he was apart of WCCW? I can't agree with that and I have no problem with Michael Hayes inducting him but since Taker shouldn't break character they might as well just go with KANE.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Who said anything about ignoring history? I just said not many people know or would understand the significance of Michael Hayes being that guy. Fuck, hardly anyone even knows who the hell Michael Hayes IS these days because he's never on television and the only time he's in the news it's always for negative crap like saying he's "more of a Nope" than Mark Henry.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Avoiding it just because folks of this new generation don't know or don't want to know about it is ignoring something to an extent. We should be educating them fools or at least yelling at them to do some damn research.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah but this isn't university-level world history we're talking about here. People can and will choose to not give a fuck and if they don't care, then they just don't care. Even coming from a guy that lived in that area for 30 years, I'll be the first to tell you that not many people outside of Dallas know anything about WCCW, the Von Erichs, and most-certainly the Freebirds. They're not going to research a short-lived North Texas regional promotion from the 80's just so that induction seems more special or makes more sense when it happens. Everything about WWE, including their fake HOF is strictly about entertainment value, not that it has to be historically significant on any scale. Reading wikipedia isn't entertaining for most people.

The only guy I could see inducting Bearer if Taker can't do it is Mick Foley. KANE adheres to a very retro kayfabe-conscious character as well and it would be just as weird for him to break character as it would be for the Undertaker. I still think it should be Taker and only Taker regardless, but Foley would be a decent consolation and he's good at public-speaking.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I know I won't change anyone's mind about knowing history of wrestling but that doesn't mean I have to take them seriously.

Also KANE breaks character all the time now especially since he started teaming with Daniel Bryan. I've watched several of their radio interviews where he just seems like a regular guy hanging out. So I could totally see him breaking kayfabe to induct Percy Pringle the 3rd.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah but those radio interviews aren't WWE television and the HOF is. Totally different.

Also... if you still take the WWE HOF seriously, it might be time for you to reevaluate... probably your entire lifestyle. Drew Carey is in that thing for god's sake and I'm honestly surprised David Arquette isn't either on the sole principle that WWE clearly blames his WCW World Title reign on the demise of WCW which is equally laughable. But you would think that would be an achievement WWE would want to pat him on the back for.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have it on record that the Cauliflower Alley Club should be the REAL wrestling HOF.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The excuse of Taker breaking character is a fucking joke. He ruined it for life by being the american bad ass. Not to mention this is 2013 and the character honestly doesn't work they've done nothing with it for how many years?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Has to be Taker can't think of anyone else that stands out. Its a nice gesture by WWE, he would have gone in one day anyway, the sad news of his passing has speeded it up.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Just because of WWE's own rewritten history we should ignore that he was apart of WCCW? I can't agree with that and I have no problem with Michael Hayes inducting him but since Taker shouldn't break character they might as well just go with KANE.

How can you even be serious with that crap?

Taker and Bearer go hand in hand in wrestling history, what insight could Michael Hayes possibly give that Taker couldnt 10 times better? The guy went on the road with him for 10 years for gawd sake.

Sure, acknowledge he had other gimmicks in different feds, but what sense would it make to ignore the most successful one he had in the biggest fed there is?

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ummm I said it should be KANE because Taker shouldn't break character... Sorry, I didn't disrespect Michael Hayes because he's not a draw.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Taker should really be the guy to do it. There is no questions asked about that. And honestly, look at his interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live a few years back... No one should give a shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hayes was one of Moody's best friends in the business and the guy to get him an on air character role and out of being a gopher in WCCW.

Taker's more well known, and hasn't been kayfabed since the feud with Edge. Outside of a spooky entrance and eyeliner, this guy is hardly gimmicked anymore. Does anyone actually watch the product or just listen to nobodies bitch about it online? Not that I'm saying I'm some sort of insider, because that would be an insult.