An Idea...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

I was looking around here and thinking that the fed is just getting started again. And I was thinking a way to get more members is appealing to the more casual posters of the forum is combine it with a like trivia or something.

Now what I mean by that is to restrict rp'ing to a side basis, and then have the competitors in any said match answer say a list of 10 questions, PM the answers to staff member, and let that judge who wins the match. The show would still go as normal, and there could be a separate thread for rp'ers to trash talk, write stories, whatever at their own leisure, while still being in the competition, as well as to be used to determine ties.

Maybe not the best idea, but at least a radical change in format could be different and maybe improve some things. Thoughts?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Still think that c-fedding is the way to go. It requires a bit more creativity than vanilla e-fedding and is just a looser, more fun way of doing it.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I personally would not like the trivia. Good idea, but not the best idea. I was actually thinking about making a thread called "IWF Locker Room" where you are in character but conversating at leisure.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It's a good thing you're good looking, Dylan. >_>

Hometown Kid

Well it doesn't have to be trivia, just something that anybody on the forum can do and win matches without taking hours to write a promo, I don't know what, but answering wrestling/culture questions seemed like something everyone on the forum could give a go, and combined with the e-fed format, could bring members and attention.

Monk, is the c-fed like an e-fed but with pictures? That would still require a lot of work to promo for a match, right? I was kinda getting to that part being put to the backseat as I think most people don't have the time/effort to rp. :/

EDIT: Shut up James. >_> So I take it you're in favor. :eek:

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Pictures but a lot less writing involved. The most work you have to do is find your stock of pictures and that is pretty much a one time thing. Then you post your pictures with a small one or two line caption. It is generally meant to be more humorous than anything else though. I'll post another example in the morning.

Hometown Kid

Well I meant more writing promos to determine who wins matches and whatnot. But I see what you're getting at and that doesn't sound too bad. :g:

Hometown Kid

Remember, we can find any answer on the internets >_>

So? That can be part of the challenge, there's no reason to avoid the obvious. Not all answers are easy to find, i'm sure and would at least require some digging.

Hometown Kid

Like I said, not all questions are that easy to find. If you just ask something like

"Who won X Title in November of X" or something it'll look bad, but yeah, I could see your point I guess. But there has to be some way to actually put an easier spin on things than writing a hundred lines every week. Trivia was just an example that might attract casual members.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
As you feel strongly about it, I will make a poll to see how everyone feels about the idea. The poll won't affect anything but how I view the subject.

Hometown Kid

Well I wouldn't say I feel strongly about it as I am gonna be in either way. I was just throwing something out there so the fed won't die like it has in the past. The more people there are, the better things can be for everyone.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
More and more ideas and commitment to the fed is what will keep the fed alive. There will be no poll, but keep the ideas coming.

BTW, what do you guys think about the idea I posted earlier in this thread?

Hometown Kid

Thanks, it's all good. ;D

The locker room dealo could be cool, but only if it can be used for brawls and whatnot between rivals occasionally, or used for tag teams to plot against each other, or for guys who are in a tag team match to show friction with each other leading to an extra angle during the match.