• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've been thinking of an idea for Cena's last feud/match before he retires. It's a long shot but I think it's a good idea, and I'll list the reasons below.

The only active title Cena's never won in the Intercontinental Championship. Cena feels that he has to win that title to add the final jigsaw piece to his long career. He has a rivalry with the current IC champion, who is a young up-and-comer, and they have their title match at WrestleMania.

I believe this would be a good idea because:

1) It may get Cena a bit more over than usual. He's not in the WWE title picture and fans know that this is his last match.
2) It would certainly bring a lot more prestige to the Intercontiental Championship and people would start to take it seriously as a title again.
3) It would be a big push for the champion, who would be a future star, like an Alex Riley, or a Curtis Axel, or a Wade Barrett etc.
4) If Cena lost, it could be considered a "passing of the torch" to the champion.
5) It's something different. Something new, something we haven't seen before.

What do you guys think of this? Good idea, or bad?

Reactions: Danielson and Crayo

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bad idea because Cena losing to an IC champion isn't realistic after his career and who he has beaten.

Reactions: Danielson

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Meh, I'm a bit on the edge here. It does work because it is the only title he hasn't earned, but I would put more focus on him wanting to become a triple crown champion then anything. A midcard champion could beat him, I would say roll up pin though. That way, it seems like a fair enough win, he gets the rub from Cena, and the title gets great exposure.

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
Meh, I'm a bit on the edge here. It does work because it is the only title he hasn't earned, but I would put more focus on him wanting to become a triple crown champion then anything. A midcard champion could beat him, I would say roll up pin though. That way, it seems like a fair enough win, he gets the rub from Cena, and the title gets great exposure.

Oh yeah, I completely agree it should be a roll-up win, it wouldn't make sense for them to beat him clean. Either that or someone comes in when the ref's down and beats him up with a chair or something.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I actually like this idea.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Oh yeah, I completely agree it should be a roll-up win, it wouldn't make sense for them to beat him clean. Either that or someone comes in when the ref's down and beats him up with a chair or something.

It would then completely ruin the point of giving the young talent a 'rub'. It'd have to be a clean victory and not some dirty victory.

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
What you could do is have both men take each other to the limit. They are kicking out of big move,after big move. It finally gets to the point where the other guy hits Cena with his finisher for, lets say, the second time. Cena kicks out, and the other guy can't believe it. He laughs as he watches Cena struggle to his feet. Cena barely stands up, gives him a you can't see me taunt, and the guy hits his finisher and finally gets the win.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'd be down for this under the condition that the IC champion was already being booked strongly and the title was getting a fair amount of exposure (I suppose Axel's reign's been like this [don't watch Raw weekly but I figure since he is aligned with Heyman], still could do better though) prior to Cena getting involved. Sure from a pure subjective standpoint, I'd only care about this idea if I like whoever the IC champion is but the idea itself is good.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Cena is a cyborg sent from the future by WWE he won't retire and is programmed to always kick out at 2.

TKK

Reaction score
Cena won't retire for a long, long time yet ... And if he was retiring now, he would not face the IC Champion @ Mania in his last match. :dawg: It's a nice idea though.