Amazon testing delivery drones

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

"In the not-too-distant future, Amazon deliveries could come by air directly to your doorstep.

The online mega-retailer unveiled plans on Sunday for a new delivery service called Prime Air, which uses unmanned aerial vehicles -- or drones -- that look like toy helicopters.

The "octocopters" aren't ready to take flight yet. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos said in an interview on 60 Minutes that the drones would be ready to take flight in four to five years. But an Amazon spokesperson pointed to an updated post on the company's website promising aerial deliveries as soon as federal rules change."

First they deliver democracy. Now they might deliver feetie pajamas and fifa for Xanth. The future is bright.

Reactions: catlady

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Yup, saw this morning. Could take up to 6 years for FAA paths because the FAA has until 2015 to create guidelines for them.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yup, saw this morning. Could take up to 6 years for FAA paths because the FAA has until 2015 to create guidelines for them.
Gonna be interesting if this becomes reality. As you said they need to get FAA guidelines, not to mention all the testing that needs to be done. Imagine one hitting a person, lawsuits galore.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting if this becomes reality. As you said they need to get FAA guidelines, not to mention all the testing that needs to be done. Imagine one hitting a person, lawsuits galore.
That would be... yup, a catastrophe.

I mean US people sue everyone for everything without needing a reason, let alone one of these dropping a 5lb package from 100m :lol1:

Stopspot

Reaction score
That would be... yup, a catastrophe.

I mean US people sue everyone for everything without needing a reason, let alone one of these dropping a 5lb package from 100m :lol1:
Like the story about a dude suing a electronics company for having a TV dropped on his foot after a dude threw it out the window. Since it nowhere on the TV said you were not allowed to.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Like the story about a dude suing a electronics company for having a TV dropped on his foot after a dude threw it out the window. Since it nowhere on the TV said you were not allowed to.

That happened? Jesus christ. Wish I knew about that. :lol1:

By the way, could you resize your sig? I'm on a 22" monitor and it still takes up like half the page. Took the liberty of doing it for you:

OYtJsIJ.png

Cheers

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Stopspot

Reaction score
That happened? Jesus christ. Wish I knew about that. :lol1:

By the way, could you resize your sig? I'm on a 22" monitor and it still takes up like half the page. Took the liberty of doing it for you:

OYtJsIJ.png

Cheers
Thanks. I'm on a 14 inch laptop and it doesn't take up half the page. Odd.

Also, imagine how many of these typ of calls will go out:
"this is Xanth"
"Yeah hi, this is Gareth from Amazon.com. We are sad to announce that your order of Nigella DVDs have fallen into the Atlantic ocean after our drone crashed into a pelican. Our bad"

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
If you said your food delivery, I could have believed it was legit.

I can only presume by Nigella you mean Lawson? In which case :fap:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'm curious as to how much extra it would cost to upgrade from standard shipping to this option.:hmm:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how much extra it would cost to upgrade from standard shipping to this option.:hmm:
I'm betting like £19.95 at the least, considering it's like £9.99 for next day delivery :lol1:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
If this did come out some people would make some government camera conspiracy theory on it.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
How? They know your address anyway?
People make up the weirdest shit, people still believe the government was behind 9/11