Am I the only one!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Seriously, I didn't see anyone here talking about the way Damien Sandow is being booked! So I thought about making this thread!

I mean..Damien Sandow is a very talented superstar, his mic skills is without a doubt one of the best in the WWE today..
His in ring skills is also great, he put up many great matches against Sheamus and others..
Also, he is a natural heel..
A one you can easily hate and boo..

But looking at the way WWE is booking him at the moment is simply unbelievable!
He is not more than a jobber with some "mental issues" or something who comes out every week dressing like someone!
He doesn't even have a character anymore lol!

He obviously didn't recover from the "shameful" booking he had when he won the MITB briefcase last year and had to fail to cash in on SuperCena.

So, Am I the only one here who actually thinks thst Sandow deserves a lot more than what he gets?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seems like a great role for him. He gets TV time every work, more than he would be able to say otherwise. I've never understood why people think he is so great. I mean, the gimmick is cool and he works it fine, but people really think he should be getting some great push, which I don't see. He is enhancement talent through and through.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would like to see him in a more serious role, his entire career has been built off of comedy and yes that can be somewhat entertaining but it can also be repetitive. Unfortunately I don't see him getting a push for a very long time, I just hope he doesn't fall down to the level as to where Zack Ryder is now.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Seems like a great role for him. He gets TV time every work, more than he would be able to say otherwise. I've never understood why people think he is so great. I mean, the gimmick is cool and he works it fine, but people really think he should be getting some great push, which I don't see. He is enhancement talent through and through.

You can say this gimmick is good for someone like Santino or Heath Slater...but Sandow!!
I just don't see how such a gimmick is good for him!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He's working a gimmick that's getting him more over than he ever was before. And just so Baara knows: His current gimmick is "disgruntled worker trying to get on the show". He's cut multiple fake shoots about trying to get airtime without dressing up like a phony character.

My guess is this is going the MVP route, where they use "humiliating" him to get him over to set up a face turn.

Also almost every superstar they have plans for goes through something similar to this to prove their worth.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You can say this gimmick is good for someone like Santino or Heath Slater...but Sandow!!
I just don't see how such a gimmick is good for him!
Santino or Slater wouldn't fit this gimmick at all, they portray the opposite of the intelligence you need to display. Sandow plays it well, but I can't see him as a serious wrestler, which is why I like this gimmick for him. I also think he does a good job of mixing in the pompous gimmick into his matches, which is why he is passable in ring. Just going off of pure wrestling ability he is near the bottom of the list of current WWE performers. He isn't awful in the ring but by today's standards everyone can go in the ring.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I would also prefer Sandow was higher up in the card. I really enjoy his gimmick, I'm quite sure he could hang up there, he may not be the best in the ring but he's good enough. Given those "worked shoots" he cut sooner in the year I think this is leading up to something better.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
lol Sandow and Ziggler are just 2013 and 14 versions of Ryder. Name's who sell merch but have no chance at anything in WWE.

Keep faith, they might get short stints as US champ or as #1 contenders - only to job.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They have countless guys they should be pushing, we can list about 15 guys who are as worth pushing if not more than Sandow, but not enough people on the roster who make the show more entertaining whenever they're out there. Sandow's current gimmick legit makes me laugh and that's a good thing.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So surprised I wasn't tagged in this by anyone.. you bastards!
Currently the product IMO just doesn't have any good storylines for him to be inserted into, this character per week gimmick gets him TV time and that's good because they don't want a $450k asset sitting in the shadows.

As for people doubting his wrestling capabilities, there's nothing to doubt.. all he needs is a proper finisher/signature (Royal Arch submission is nice, I would like to see more use of it). He can put on very good 7-10 minute matches easily, heck even some of the 10-15 minute matches he has had since coming in (house shows included) have looked decent.

Personally I like the role, I just don't like him losing while he's in it.. or if he's gonna lose make him go nuts after each match and cheap shot the victors.. If they were gonna push him they should've done it when he had the briefcase, now wouldn't make much sense. Although I've heard recently that these character gimmicks was helping him grow on the fans, whether that be true or not is probably more of an interpretation thing.

I'll mark out crazy hard if he comes out of this IC Battle Royale at Battleground as the surprise winner.. I see either the IC or the US title coming to him some point between now and the end of next year.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nope, you're not the only one.

Sandow is fucking awesome and deserves more than a Mr. Jobber role!

He was horribly booked (still is) and completely buried once he won the MITB contract. I hope it doesn't happen to Rollins, though.

Anyways, WWE should've let him cash it in on Cena, but no... That is superhero John Cena, Sandow's not worthy of cashing in on him. I mean, come on! At least, they should've let him cash it in and then have him lose it at the next PPV, ffs! Props to WWE for still doing a kickass job at burying good talent.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
the next person who shits on zack ryder is getting buried. Dont think i won't cut Xanth off from meat sandwiches until he figures out a way to permaban the haters. Mr Rodgers might live in the real world, but cornwall is just around the corner via train.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nope, you're not the only one.

Sandow is fucking awesome and deserves more than a Mr. Jobber role!

He was horribly booked (still is) and completely buried once he won the MITB contract. I hope it doesn't happen to Rollins, though.

Anyways, WWE should've let him cash it in on Cena, but no... That is superhero John Cena, Sandow's not worthy of cashing in on him. I mean, come on! At least, they should've let him cash it in and then have him lose it at the next PPV, ffs! Props to WWE for still doing a kickass job at burying good talent.

The cash-in fail wasn't even the point of burial IMO, both matches with Cena (the cash-in and the non-title rematch a few months after the failed cashin) were awesome matches to me, I mean they let Cena win but not without letting Damien put on a little show to impress.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The cash-in fail wasn't even the point of burial IMO, both matches with Cena (the cash-in and the non-title rematch a few months after the failed cashin) were awesome matches to me, I mean they let Cena win but not without letting Damien put on a little show to impress.

Sure, you're right and your point is valid. But that still doesn't make up for the damage done on him.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Does he deserve more than he's getting?
Let's look at his previous gimmick and where it could fit in:
He wouldn't fit in with the Authority storyline. There's no way his character would click in that stable.
On hand hand, a Bryan/Sandow feud could work. On the other hand, it would be a upper mid-card type feud, before Bryan stepped up.
All things considered, he wasn't main event stuff. He can't be taken seriously, when he isn't exactly very intimidating.

It's the same boat Hunter Hearst Helmsley was in. That blue blood gimmick had a shelf life. Sandow needs a similar change.