Am I The Only One Left?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Sometimes, it feels like I'm the only young adult left who still believes in God. It's a very lonely, depressing, aggravating thought.

I would seek christian companionship, but I don't know where to find them. Even if I did, there would be no guarantee that they had the same interests as me, could have an intelligent conversation with me, enjoy the same things as I do.

So I'm left with no other options, than to be a lone non-denominational christian surrounded by the presence of atheists and agnostics. Good people. Good friends. But they cannot and will not ever understand my lonliness, and I cannot speak with them on it without looking like a fool for believing in God in the first place.

They can't match my grief or even level with me to see where I'm coming from. I cannot physically interact with them about God, because for them, he is an impossibility. Something that they cannot even entertain the thought of existing.

So where do I go from here? I cannot speak with God, he does not answer back. He is not a sentient form capable of hearing out my religious frustrations and offering advice and insight. I cannot speak with my friends, as they cannot comfort me with prayer, and cannot understand why I am so conflicted inside. And I can't turn towards the church, as they only offer vanilla responses and rehashed sermon material while pointing me towards scripture for the answers I seek.

Maybe I'm meant to be alone, as Christianity has become outdated. It's the cool thing to be anti-authoritarian and atheist.The loud minority have tarnished what Christianity COULD be so that the silent majority cannot safely speak of it without being crucified. It's become a worldly evil, something to be despised by intelligent people. And any who should dare believe in an invisible man in the sky should be labeled as inept or crazy.

I hate believing in God. I hate being Christian. If I could just turn it off and be atheist like everyone else just so I can fit in better than I would. But I've done my own research, been through my own life experiences, and I KNOW it is real. If only I could just erase all of that.....for the sake of being happy....because I am definitely not happy being the only person around me that believes.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Considering the fact that you are nowhere near where we can socialize personally, I can't find any comfort in that. But thanks for trying.

Beer

Reaction score
What made you think that there could be even a slight possibility that you can have a genuine conversation on the board about this these days? You'd probably get a good one out of people like me, Monk, Carlo, some aussies and g1, but we're all either trolls or bant. People on this forum are either complete smurfs or constant trolls. There are like, 5 people in this place who are intelligent and aren't trolls.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I honestly didn't think it was that serious unless you talk about god a lot. If you don't or if people around you aren't constantly shitting on your beliefs, then I don't see how that can affect your life all that much. Me, I believe in evolution. Yet I believe in life after death. Ghost and stuff like that. But it wont affect my life much unless people around me are constantly pushing god down my throat.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Well, the way I see it, you still have friends but the problem is they just don't believe in god. I know it might be frustrating at times, but not everyone is going to believe the same things you do. Find a way to feel comfortable that you're the only one out of your group of friends who's actually religious.

Idk, just my $0.02

Reaction score
I was baptized Catholic and after 20 years of atheist views from my father, since he kind of abandoned God because he felt he had to get everything himself, I am now in confirmation classes. I like life alot more with some sort of divine presence in it. I still need to work on some of my bad habits and sins, but God is great. At least to me.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
What made you think that there could be even a slight possibility that you can have a genuine conversation on the board about this these days? You'd probably get a good one out of people like me, Monk, Carlo, some aussies and g1, but we're all either trolls or bant. People on this forum are either complete smurfs or constant trolls. There are like, 5 people in this place who are intelligent and aren't trolls.

I didn't think I was going to get an intelligent conversation out of this place. Hence why I posted this in HIAT. I just posted it here anyway because I needed a place to vent my frustrations.

The specific situation that made me realize how alone I was, was when there were about 9 of us all in the same room. Someone brought up the topic about God and how even if God showed himself to their faces they would still refuse to believe in him, or if there was no choice in believing in him, then they would dismiss him as evil and corrupt for all the bad that happens in the world, because he expects people to believe in him solely based on faith because there is no logic whatsoever in believing.

So I chimed in "Unreasonable disbelief is unreasonable". And so the conversation got very silent and awkward, with a few smart asses saying they didn't think it was unreasonable to refuse to believe in God. I dropped the conversation as I didn't want to push the issue. But I realized that even if I did it was going to be one Christian Vs. 8 Atheists who would all become offended because I believe in God.

My point is, I'm sick of the double standard in my local conversations and even abroad, where I'm not allowed to defend or talk about God without someone feeling uncomfortable. Yet it's supposed to be socially acceptable for Atheists to ram their ultra skepticism down my throat and expect me to take it since I'm not supposed to have a leg to stand on in a religious discussion.

With nobody around to share these thoughts with without possibly ruining a few friendships, I'm left feeling extremely alone. And I am not known as a lone wolf. I need some kind of companionship to air out my frustrations and feel safe talking about my belief in God, but it just doesn't seem like there's any young adults left who reasonably believe in God.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I really don't see why this is so fantastical. Just because one is intelligent doesn't mean they should be expected to be above religious belief. But that seems to be the expectation nowadays.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I am not going to get into a debate or anything about why one should or shouldn't believe in God, but I do not see why anyone should believe in something of which there is little evidence that it exists. Most of the stories in the Bible appear to be exaggerated and embellished stories. Also you seen Zietgiest right. I am not saying that movie is 100% accurate and I am not saying it is a trusted source of information but it definitely opened my eyes about life before Jesus Christ.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
There is also a documentary solely made to counter Zeitgeist point for point about their claims against Jesus. But I wouldn't expect any atheist to be interested in looking it up, since it's a documentary defending religion and that simply can't be allowed in "intelligent religious debate".

Like I said, I've done my own research, I've found my own evidence, and to me, the possibility for God is far greater than the possibility of nothing. Therefore I've made my choice, and I have to live with the depression of knowing that I'm alone in that choice.