alternative ending to Victory road

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
This is going in its own thread because it concerns both VR and the next Impact.

The ending of Victory Road was kind of bullshitty, so I came up with my own ending, one that would have given the match a good rating by Wrestling Observer Newsletter, and would have still kept the feud between Booker T and Samoa Joe going strong.

Joe and Booker battle all around ringside, busting each other open. About fifteen minutes in the match, Samoa Joe hits the muscle buster clean, but Booker T kicks out miraculously. About eighteen minutes into the match, Booker T hits the Bookend, but Joe kicks out. Two minutes later, at 20 minutes, Joe locks in the Clutch, but Booker T gets to the ropes. Three minutes later, Booker T hits the Axe Kick, but Joe is able to kick out again. About 29 minutes into the match, Joe locks in the Clutch in the middle of the ring, but Booker T refuses to tap out. After a minute of being choked (that's thirty minutes into the match), Booker T passes out, and the referee stops the match and awards Joe the victory, just like Ken Shamrock awarded Bret Hart the victory against Stone Cold in that submission match at Mania 97, even though Austin never tapped.

The next Thursday on Impact, Joe is in the ring celebrating his victory, and Booker T comes out and claims Joe never beat him, but only won because the referee stopped the match. He then challenges Joe to a match at Hard Justice where indecisive wins were impossible: A last man standing match, which Joe excepts almost before Booker T gets it out of his mouth.

See, wouldn't that have been a much better end to Victory Road than what TNA's writers dished up?

Montana

I would have kept everything mostly the same. The ref is down, Joe has lost it, Sting comes down to get Joe off of T (joe also hits Sharmell, thus making him superheel) Sting/Joe have a big stare down. Joe tells Sting to leave. Sharmell helps the half dead Booker T up. Sting starts to leave whenever Joe kicks the ropes or something. Sting charges in and hits Booker T iwth the bat. Joe throws sting out of the ring. the ref awakes to see Joe on top of Booker 1,2,3.

Nash says Joe didnt beat Booker, sting did. Booker wants his shot. Sting thinks Joe is a punk, and wants his shot (BFG maybe)

xtremebadass

Man, that ending to Victory Road was screwed up. Now, if you want an alternative ending where Joe would walk out Champ, here's how I would have done it...

Joe knocks out ref.
Booker goes for offense but Joe clocks him with chair.
Joe keeps destroying Booker.
Sharmell gets involved.
Joe ignores her.
Sting comes out.
Tries to talk Joe out of it.
Sting holds Sharmell back.
Joe steals the bat away from Sting.
Joe screams at Sting.
Sting argues back. Joe goes for the hit on Sting.
He misses and clocks Sharmell.
Sting grabs the bat and knocks out Joe.
Joe falls atop Booker...

Then basically Montana's ending.