Alright, which show ended up getting the better end of the deal?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which show has the stronger/better roster?

• Total voters

DammitC

Reaction score
Hey, folks! We finally know what the full results are for the 2020 WWE Draft; so I figured that we can have ourselves a discussion regarding what your overall thoughts are about these new rosters :)

Here are the results:

Raw:

• Drew McIntyre
  • Asuka
  • Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley + MVP + Cedric Alexander + Shelton Benjamin)
  • AJ Styles
  • Naomi
  • Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
  • Ricochet
  • Mandy Rose
  • The Miz & John Morrison
  • Dana Brooke
  • New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
  • Angel Garza
  • Drew Gulak
  • Humberto Carrillo
  • Tucker
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Randy Orton
  • Charlotte Flair
  • Braun Strowman
  • Matt Riddle
  • Jeff Hardy
  • Mustafa Ali + Retribution
  • Keith Lee
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Elias
  • Lacey Evans
  • Sheamus
  • Nikki Cross
  • R-Truth
  • Dabba-Kato
  • Titus O'Neal
  • Peyton Royce
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Lana
  • Riddick Moss
  • Arturo Ruas
  • Erik
Smackdown:

• Roman Reigns
  • Seth Rollins
  • Sasha Banks
  • Bianca Belair
  • Jey Uso
  • Rey Mysterio + Dominik Mysterio
  • Big E
  • Otis
  • Chad Gable
  • Murphy
  • Kalisto
  • Bayley
  • Street Profits
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Kevin Owens
  • Lars Sullivan
  • Baron Corbin
  • Sami Zayn
  • Cesaro + Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Dolph Ziggler + Robert Roode
  • Apollo Crews
  • Carmella
  • Aleister Black
  • Natalya
  • Riott Squad (Ruby Riott + Liv Morgan)
  • Zelina Vega
  • Billie Kay
  • Tamina
Despite the shitty picks with Baron Corbin and Lars Sullivan (for squashing-reasons), I STILL think that Smackdown got the better end overall for the men. Guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens. Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Aleister Black, Murphy, Rey Mysterio, Robert Roode, the Street Profits, Chad Gable, and heel Roman Reigns (of course) are great additions to have on the Smackdown roster :mark:

Most of those guys can pretty much carry the in-ring quality of the show too (including Apollo Crews plus Dominik Mysterio) :WOW

Even though I think that Smackdown got more of the exciting names between both shows, I won't sleep on Raw though because they still got some good (male) names for their roster. Raw has the likes of AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, Mustafa Ali, John Morrison, Jeff Hardy, Angel Garza, Sheamus, Keith Lee, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Matt Riddle, Drew Gulak (if he becomes serious out of the 24/7 title scene), Akira Tozawa (if he becomes serious out of the 24/7 title scene), Ricochet, and Humberto Carrillo who can definitely add alot to the in-ring quality of the show. Someone like Elias can be entertaining as a midcard act. There's Bray Wyatt too who could have some interesting segments with Alexa Bliss being around him now.

However, the Raw women's division looks more stacked atm :sodone

You have women like Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Shayna Baszler, Lacey Evan, and Naomi on the same roster :CENA

They have the likes of Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke, and Nia Jax too who are best-suited for the tag-team scene despite being limited in the ring.

Smackdown looks pale in comparison pretty much because they only have Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Bianca Belair atm. Carmella will be a midcard act most likely. However, I DO think the Smackdown women's division will definitely improve over time if they end up getting the likes of Mickie James, Ruby Riott, Zelina Vega, Sonya Deville (if she isn't booted from the show when she returns), Liv Morgan, and definitely Becky Lynch (when she returns a long while from now) to the show.

I'd say that the Raw women's division wins for now (easily), but that could eventually change in favor of the Smackdown women's division if their roster ends up improving with those un-drafted women I listed up above getting moved there eventually.

With that being said though, I'll still go with the Smackdown roster getting the better end of the deal considering that they have more of the exciting draft picks for me; such as Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Aleister Black, and Murphy :D

I'd say that this year's draft is more balanced overall compared to last year's draft :p

Okay, so now I'm interested to hear your thoughts about these new rosters. Which show got the better end of the deal, and why do you think so? Does Raw or Smackdown have the stronger roster overall? Which show has the more interesting names for you? Which show interests you more (assuming that you watch :p )?

Feel free to share your well-detailed, overall thoughts here :)

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Smackdown the A show

Reactions: DammitC

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I fuck with all of Smackdown’s picks outside of Ziggler

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm not being dooped into thinking this draft is going to make any difference on the quality of WWE creative. :krillin2

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I really dig the SmackDown roster and while it only really has 2 top guys in Roman and Seth, I do like that there is a backlog of guys who have previously floated around at the top of the card like Owens/Bryan but also guys like BigE/Black/Cesaro and others who if they put some effort into them, could make that step-up.

They've got the 2 workhorses in Bayley and Sasha to hold down the division while they re-establish Carmella and build Bianca who would seemingly be next in line after Sasha. They acquired Zelina, Billie and Tamina also but those are largely weak choices. I think if they played it a little smarter and maybe chose someone like Mickie James and Liv/Peyton, they could have had themselves something similiar to the SmackDown six from 2016.

For my viewing pleasure, I feel like SmackDown won.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
Smackdown for me. Still can't believe Seth is actually and finally on SD. First time in years he and Bryan are on the same roster. Sometime next year, it's about time we FINALLY get that Rollins/Bryan one on one PPV match that we STILL have never gotten, along with a full-on feud. It's about time they do that already.

Reactions: Buffy and DammitC

DammitC

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot to edit in my opening post regarding the extra draft picks that were made after Raw ended :p

Here are the extra draft picks:

Raw: Lana, Riddick Moss, Arturo Ruas, Erik

Smackdown: Natalya, Riott Squad (Ruby Riott + Liv Morgan), Zelina Vega, Billie Kay, Tamina

Honestly, the women's division on Smackdown looks better than it did before with the likes of Ruby Riott, Zelina Vega, Natalya (ring-wise), and Liv Morgan getting added :WOW

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can Natalya just fuck off already please, good god.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Can Natalya just fuck off already please, good god.

She’s the fucking worst, a complete charisma vacuum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
To me Smackdown got the better end of the deal this year like 2016. They got a smaller roster but they got a bunch interesting stories for the main event, mid card and woman's division. This is going to be fun watching Smackdown with these guys. I would do better without Ziggler and Nattie but what am I going to do. I am so excited to know that Seth Rollins finally after all of these years finally is on Smackdown like i wanted last year. He has fresh feuds now after he gets done with the Mysterios and Murphy. Let's not forget if Becky ever returns months after she gives birth has a fresh talent out of this woman's roster to work with and have great feuds with. You got a bunch of new people on Smackdown and some established stars. I am fully interested in Smackdown more than ever before. Sadly Drew is on Raw so I have to watch him do his thing on Raw.

Smackdown is the winner.

DammitC

Reaction score
Smackdown for me. Still can't believe Seth is actually and finally on SD. First time in years he and Bryan are on the same roster. Sometime next year, it's about time we FINALLY get that Rollins/Bryan one on one PPV match that we STILL have never gotten, along with a full-on feud. It's about time they do that already.

Oh, I forgot to mention this; but I’d LOVE to see Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn interact together soon!

There’s the potential of some hilarious interactions between both men now as heels, and they do a good job at being entertaining jerks :lol

Hopefully, we get that Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins feud (along with that big ppv match) now that both men are FINALLY on the same show after all these years being separate :mark:

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Y'll need to stop hating on the queen of harts since she trained more then 3/4ths of these women in WWE..

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention this; but I’d LOVE to see Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn interact together soon!

There’s the potential of some hilarious interactions between both men now as heels, and they do a good job at being entertaining jerks :lol

Hopefully, we get that Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins feud (along with that big ppv match) now that both men are FINALLY on the same show after all these years being separate :mark:
Dude, the last 3-4 weeks, I stopped watching Raw because it's such a chore to sit through. Don't know if anyone noticed I stopped posting on the Raw thread, but yeah. I kept up to date with Seth's segments with WWE's Youtube page and that Seth Rollins Fans Twitter account that posts all of his segments. It just became a chore to sit through for me. Which is a shame because up until the past month or so, I've actually enjoyed most of Raw this year. I don't know if Raw got worse this month or if it was just me burning out on it, but I stopped watching outside of Seth.

With Seth on SD, it's reinvigorated my desire to watch again. It helps ALOT that SD is only 2 hours. I'm looking forward to watching tonight. Seth will probably be taking time off soon for the birth of the baby, but I look forward to him hopefully putting Murphy over before he leaves, and then coming back in 2021 rested and reinvigorated and ready to tear up SD for the first time ever. 2021 is gonna be a good year for him. I can feel it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DammitC