All Japan - The House Baba built

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The drive is dead/dying. They got hit with a series of copyright strikes because people kept tagging their gifs and such or even @ing the companies.

The project lives on now as PuroresuDream

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
AJPW TV, All Japan's new streaming service launches on March 19 (this upcoming Monday) and the focus will be on the current day product (no news on classical content, which is logical since it is locked up in ownership red tape).

The big Saitama show on 3/25 is confirmed to stream live on AJPW TV. All shows from the upcoming Champion Carnival will also air, with the shows on 4/7 (opener), 4/15, 4/20, 4/21, 4/22, 4/25, 4/29, and 4/30 (final) all being streamed live. The remaining shows will not be live but will be available on demand. The big news here is that shows that are also scheduled for airing on Samurai and Gaora are going up. That's big news that they got their two major TV outlets (especially Gaora) on board.

It will cost 900 yen ($8.49) a month and will be view-able on PC, smarthphone, and tablets. It will accept both credit card/debit card and paypal. And if you sign up in March everything you watch will be free! Including the big show in Saitama. First charge will be made in April.

@RedDwarfTechy @Jacob Fox

They're both killing me and sending me to heaven with these streaming services. They're like Pokemon and I must have them all, even if I can't afford them.

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJPW TV is now up and running. You can find it at www.ajpw.tv

It has a English translation of the site built in (basically built in google translate similar to njpw world) so even if translations are not perfect it is understandable. The site is simple to navigate as well. Content wise it seems to just be 2017 stuff for now but I think we can safely expect the rest of the modern stuff to get uploaded in drops. Getting the classical stuff is near mission impossible so this is mainly a tool to watch the current stuff.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
AJPW TV is now up and running. You can find it at www.ajpw.tv

It has a English translation of the site built in (basically built in google translate similar to njpw world) so even if translations are not perfect it is understandable. The site is simple to navigate as well. Content wise it seems to just be 2017 stuff for now but I think we can safely expect the rest of the modern stuff to get uploaded in drops. Getting the classical stuff is near mission impossible so this is mainly a tool to watch the current stuff.

Dammit, I don't speak English...

• Haha
Reactions: Stopspot

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Don't worry. They have it in Japanese if that is your persuasion as well :y2j:

In all seriousness, I extremely appreciate you letting us know about this. I likely wouldn't have caught it with the free period otherwise.

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJPW just wrapped up their show in the Saitama Super Arena Community hall an hour ago, drawing 2257 fans.

Two belts changed hands, with Dylan James and Ryoji Sai beating the Big Guns to win the world tag belts. Cutting the BG's reign off at the first hurdle (continuing the trend of world tag champions dropping the belts at the first defence). And Kento Miyahara took out Joe Doering to become a 3 time Triple Crown champion before the age of 30.
Atsushi Aoki and the team of Nagata and Akiyama retained their respective titles. No future challenger for the junior belt is clear yet but there might be new Asia tag challengers in the form of Kendo Kashin and Kazuyuki Fujita, who confronted the champions after their defence.

In other news Jake Lee returns from injury at the May 24 Korakuen Hall show. And UK wrestler Josh Bodom debuted in a losing effort against Iwamoto.

This was the first live stream on AJPW TV and it worked like a charm. The one thing they need to work on is sound mixing because the crowd, despite noticeably being active did not carry over in broadcast, so it seemed much more quiet than it actually was. Video however was top notch for the entire show.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet but I am going to now

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
AJPW just wrapped up their show in the Saitama Super Arena Community hall an hour ago, drawing 2257 fans.

Two belts changed hands, with Dylan James and Ryoji Sai beating the Big Guns to win the world tag belts. Cutting the BG's reign off at the first hurdle (continuing the trend of world tag champions dropping the belts at the first defence). And Kento Miyahara took out Joe Doering to become a 3 time Triple Crown champion before the age of 30.
Atsushi Aoki and the team of Nagata and Akiyama retained their respective titles. No future challenger for the junior belt is clear yet but there might be new Asia tag challengers in the form of Kendo Kashin and Kazuyuki Fujita, who confronted the champions after their defence.

In other news Jake Lee returns from injury at the May 24 Korakuen Hall show. And UK wrestler Josh Bodom debuted in a losing effort against Iwamoto.

This was the first live stream on AJPW TV and it worked like a charm. The one thing they need to work on is sound mixing because the crowd, despite noticeably being active did not carry over in broadcast, so it seemed much more quiet than it actually was. Video however was top notch for the entire show.

Wonder which team will successfully defend lol.

Could you set the video quality or was it dynamic or locked to HD like WWE's player?

Because the network kills my bandwidth.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'll be interested in hearing some of your takes then once you are done with it

I will write up my opinion on it soon. Just been really busy but I am definitely taking the time to watch AJPW. I liked the show and it was a lot different than what I was used to, but I will definitely go more in depth soon.

Reactions: Stopspot

Stopspot

Reaction score
The Champion Carnival kicked off yesterday at the Sendai Sun Plaza hall in front of 1290 fans. A much better venue than the Saitama one and the crowd came over much stronger on the mics so it is good to see AJPW learned from the Saitama show. I would not say no to more major shows in Sendai.

Kazuki Ebina had his debut vs Aoki. He looked decent for a debut but obviously clunky. He'll improve as he keeps working.

The undercard flew by as well. Even the 9 minute Kikuchi singles match was okay because he was put with Ultimo who adapted to how limited Kikuchi is like a boss.

As for tournament results. Hino beat Shuji in a great match. Lots of stiff strikes and just two big dudes running into each other. Then Akiyama beat Dylan James in a fun heavyweight sprint. Dylan went for the power moves early and tried to put Akiyama away quick only to get rolled up in about 4 minutes because Akiyama had so much more experience. Maybe a tag title match in the future? And Dylan still looked strong when on the offensive.

Then Shingo and Kento had the arguable match of the night. It is a fresh breath to see Shingo in an environment where he isn't the biggest guy around. Shingo attacked Kento's knee to weaken the Blackout and then put him away with the Made in Japan and challenged for a title shot after the tournament.

Zeus came back from underneath to beat Suwama in the Main Event. Zeus seems to be working through a thigh injury so Suwama targeted that for the entire match and was basically the big bully that Zeus had to overcome.

The livestream was flawless. Today's show goes up on a 24 hour delay so look for it on Monday on ajpwtv.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Stopspot

Reaction score
Motoko Baba, who helped found the company alongside her late husband Shohei "Giant" Baba and who ran the company as president after her husbands passing until the sale to Muto in 2002 has passed away. She had been battling cirrhosis of the liver for the past year and passed last week.

A devise figure in the history of pro wrestling, since many credit her with driving Misawa out of the company in 99 but still ever so important to All Japan's existence, from its beginning to today. Where her husband played the role of good guy and fun father figure to his roster she was the strict mother and a sly and accomplished businesswoman in her own right.

RIP

Stopspot

Reaction score
All Japan drew 1680 fans to a sold out Korakuen yesterday (very impressive for a weekday show when it isn't a national holiday, usually only New Japan pulls this off) for a show main evented by Kento defending the belt against NOAH's Naomichi Marufuji. Kento retained in a match of the year contender. His next defense will be on June 12 against Dylan James, one half of the current world tag champions. This will also take place in Korakuen. James and his partner Ryoji Sai defend the tag belts against KAI and Tajiri in Kobe on June 3.

Another title match was announced for June 12 as Yuji Nagata and Jun Akiyama defend the All Asia tag belts against Naoya Nomura and the returning Yuma Aoyagi.

Another big part of yesterday's show was the return of Jake Lee, who had spent 9 months on the injured list after tearing his ACL. Upon his return he announced that he would no longer be part of the NexTream faction, and wants to fight his former teammates (Kento, Nomura, Aoyagi) instead. The boy returned with some new gear, a new mean attitude and a gnarly backdrop driver that looks to have flattened poor Nomura when they faced off in a tag match

It was a fun and easy to watch show. Undercard flew by easily enough and the top 3 matches were all quality stuff.

Reactions: Mike Thunder