Alistair Overeem signs with UFC, faces Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 on Dec. 30

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
ya. then comes the sleeping in boxers with no covers and fans on and window open and u wake up tomorrow and ur frozen and uve got to thaw off in the how shower then u stay in too long and ur mom yells at u then u miss the bus and get late for shcool and get yelled at again.

u can tell thats happened to me a couple times

monkeystyle

Reaction score
and i say "deal with it, here ya go put on these blankets". Plus trying to go to sleep when its cold is soooooooooooooooooooo much better then when its hot, i cant even begin to explain how much it iritates me when its hot in my room while im trying to sleep.

He speaks the truth... :shifty:

I also like waking up ine the morning and feeling the cold, it gets me out of bed faster and into the shower.

I remember when I didn't have air conditioning, I sweat like a bastard so I would have to change my pillow cases and sheets everyday because they would be totally soaked in sweat by the morning.

And if you let that go a few days it starts to smell funky.

Truth

Reaction score
Wow really see I'm weird. Most people during school get tired when the rooms hot...I on the other hand start fidgeting wildly, and when its cold in the room I fall asleep.

And if its cold in the morning its very hard for me to get out (supposing I have school) because I want to "snuggle" as gay as that sounds with my blankets which leads me to falling back asleep. If its hot I jump right out so I can start moving around and get downstairs where its cool.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't sleep when its hot.

I tried sleepin in teh bathtub once full of cold water and some ice, but I looked like a human prune the next day so I didn't try that again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem (35-11 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is UFC bound, and Brock Lesnar (5-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) will welcome him to the octagon.

UFC officials today announced that Overeem and Lesnar will meet on Dec. 30 in the main event of a rare Friday-night UFC card (expected to serve as UFC 141) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The five-round contest serves as a No.1 contender's fight, and the victor meets the winner of the Nov. 12 bout between current UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and top contender Junior Dos Santos.

"This is the fight the fans want," UFC president Dana White told "The Los Angeles Times" earlier today. "Both of these guys are monsters. Can Lesnar take Overeem down?"

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta echoed White's enthusiasm for the fight.

"Our thinking when we bought Strikeforce was to give fans the fights they want," Fertitta said. "Obviously, Alistair's one of the best heavyweights in the world, but he also has that 'it' factor – the tremendous look. He's huge. It's a star factor."

UFC officials confirmed with www,mmajunkie.com that the fight was scheduled for Friday, Dec. 30, due to the challenges that hosting an event on New Year's Eve would have presented.

Overeem, of course, was released from Strikeforce in late July following a conflict with UFC and Strikeforce officials regarding his ability to compete in a Sept. 10 bout with Antonio Silva. His Golden Glory teammates Marloes Coenen, Jon Olav Einemo and Valentijn Overeem were released shortly after, and White pointed to the team's wishes for paycheck to be issued directly to management as the cause for the move.

However, White recently revealed that Golden Glory officials reached out in an effort to reach an agreement and that negotiations were ongoing.

"We're talking," White said. "You guys know how that whole thing went down. Golden Glory was in this position where we couldn't do business, and they changed their position, which I respect. Now we can do business."

Meanwhile, Lesnar hasn't competed since an October 2010 loss to Velasquez. A second bout with diverticulitis scratched a planned summer contest with fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 13" coach Dos Santos. Lesnar's inactivity led some MMA pundits to speculate that a retirement announcement was in the works, but White recently branded the speculation as "ridiculous."

"It's so far from the truth it's not even funny," White said. "The guy's working up on a farm in Canada all summer. He's 100 percent."

OMR

Reaction score
I don't see brock winning this fight

Ben

Reaction score
Overeem is overrated, Brock is the better wrestler, and if it goes to the ground he wins. If it's a stand up fight it's going to come down to who can recover from talking shot. I'm going with Brock in this fight.