Alcoholics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
Anyone else have a family plagued by these self loathing, life destroying, pieces of shit?

LKP

Reaction score
Yes i do and to be honest...... I fucking hate it.

noumenon

Reaction score
I've got both of my parents... and just about 90% of my fiance's family.

Just returned from a wonderful fist fight with my father.

-TJ-

Reaction score
I used to have my uncle, but he was basically exiled from my family.

LKP

Reaction score
What was it over Noumenon?

Kizza

Reaction score
My mothers father was an alcoholic. That piece of shit died of lung cancer.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I have a few in the family. He's a real intelligent kid, he could really go places in his life. But he allows himself to get dragged down into these depressions that he washes away with the drink. It's real depressing to see, and I really try to help him snap out of it sometimes. But you can't monitor an alcoholic 24/7 in order to ensure they won't sneak in a few drinks.

It's a horrible, dangerous, depressing and destructive disease. Normally I would turn towards the opinion of saying "Fuck em all, genocide." But there's emotional investment in alot of people's families that want these people to get better. But the treatments are super unaffordable and AA doesn't do shit for recovery. Once you get trapped, it's up to you and you alone to get out.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I've got both of my parents... and just about 90% of my fiance's family.

Just returned from a wonderful fist fight with my father.

No one in my immediate family are alcoholics. But for some reason, the girls I date family are. My current gf step-dad is recovering. Though he still drinks and makes my gf real upset. I don't care. I don't like the guy. My ex's dad was a bad alcoholic. Her mom forced her to break up with me cause we ended up fighting and fucked their house up. He spit on me. That's an instant ass whooping. I don't care who you are. Apparently I was in the wrong though for not leaving. Weird though how I was on my way out of the door.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
My uncle, grandfather and pretty much my entire mom's side of the family. I also was told my dad's side of the family are too.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
My aunt and uncle are alcoholics. My uncle is a self centered piece of shit who dragged my aunt to Florida because he bought himself a lot of land in no man's land. My aunt used to drink alot, but now she drinks even more with the occasional pill popping.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I have a few people in my family are. My dad used to be a big drinker. But he went to California and went to prison like 10 times so idk if he still is or not. Alot of people on my dads side of the family are, they say its heriditary but I think it's just a bunch of bullshit. My step dad is also a pretty big drinker. Me and him have gotten into a few fights over it.

The majority of my friends, despite not being 21 are alcoholics. It's really disturbing that 19 and 20 year olds have such easy and excessive access to massive amounts of the sauce. I get called a pussy and whatnot for not drinking.. Or moreso getting drunk But to be perfectly honest I don't see what's so great about it. You drink massive amounts of imo crappy tasting liquid. You get a massive headache and feel like shit the next day.

No offense to those of you who do drink, I just don't see whats so great about it tbh.

Kizza

Reaction score
I think alot of people here are confusing being an alcoholic with someone who just feels the need to get shitfaced on weekends. My grandfather was down at the pub every day. He depended on getting his beer/scotch/whiskey and spent all his wages on his drinking addiction. That doesn't compare to 20 year olds going to parties each week and getting smashed. Very different.