Albums of the Year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So what were your favourite Albums of 2012 and what are you looking forward to muscially in the coming year?

Chromatics -Kill For Love
M. Ward - Waste Land Companion
Grimes - Visions
Cat Power - Sun
Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
Toy - Toy
Sebastian Teller - My God is Blue
Dirty Three - Toward the Sun

Have much to catch up on.

Am looking forard to the new Yo La Tengo LP out in mid-Jan, as well as the debut Album from Johnny Marr and hearing more from Haim amongst others.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Atoma - Skylight
As I Lay Dying - Awakened
Alcest - Les Voyages de L'Ame
The Birthday Massacre - Hide and Seek
Nile - At The Gate of Sethu
Winterfylleth - The Threnody of Triumph

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Tame Impala - Lonerism
The xx - Coexist
Alt J - An Awesome Wave
Grizzly Bear - Shields
Grimes - Visions
Chromatics - Kill for Love

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city
Nas - Life Is Good
Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
GOOD Music - Cruel Summer
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 2

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Woods of Ypres: Woods 5 - Grey Skies and Electric Lights
Tame Impala - Lonerism
David Byrne and Saint Vincent - Love This Giant
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees
Death Grips - The Money Store

Ryan

Reaction score
In order of how much I enjoyed them:

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city (GKMC was this year's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy except where Kanye will always be remembered for the gorgeous production on MBDTF, Kendrick will be remembered for his lyrics. Although I wasn't too keen on this album's production at first, I've realized it's actually fantastic. The album flows so well and tells a story. No other rapper this year put out an album half as cinematic as this one.)

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 (I'm not saying Lupe is better than Nas because that's almost like sacrilege to put basically any rapper above Nas, but sometimes the mafioso rap doesn't appeal to me and although Nas definitely went personal on Life is Good and although it's a great album there are some tracks I just couldn't get into. I just enjoyed Lupe's sound a bit more.)

Nas - Life is Good (Basically explained the reasoning above. Daughters, Nasty, The Don, Cherry Wine, Where's the Love? and Accident Murderers were all great but I didn't like the rest of the tracks as consistently.)

G.O.O.D. Music - Cruel Summer (This album was disappointing because everyone expected more, but having all of G.O.O.D. music come together turned out to be a decent effort. There are some definite SOTY contenders on this one. I think GKMC definitely beat Cruel Summer in terms of production value though and that's a bold statement because rap's current hottest producer was at the helm of this project.)

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ryan, no love for Saigon? He dropped some good shit on Greatest Story Never Told Part 2.

I would probably go with Lupe's joint for album of the year though. I like Nas' album for the simple fact that he seems content with his life and knows that he can just put out what he wants now. Still I wouldn't call it one of his better albums.

The most I can say about Cruel Summer is I enjoyed it more that Dark Fantasy whatever that Kanye dropped the year prior. It was more like the G.O.O.D. Music Friday stuff was all about and it wasn't force fed on what was supposed to be a solo album.

Ryan

Reaction score
Ryan, no love for Saigon? He dropped some good shit on Greatest Story Never Told Part 2.

I would probably go with Lupe's joint for album of the year though. I like Nas' album for the simple fact that he seems content with his life and knows that he can just put out what he wants now. Still I wouldn't call it one of his better albums.

The most I can say about Cruel Summer is I enjoyed it more that Dark Fantasy whatever that Kanye dropped the year prior. It was more like the G.O.O.D. Music Friday stuff was all about and it wasn't force fed on what was supposed to be a solo album.

To be honest, I haven't listened to Saigon, but I've heard his album was mad good.

Nas dropped a ridiculous album, definitely his third best after Illmatic and Stillmatic, I just enjoyed Lupe's more. Kendrick Lamar absolutely stole the rap scene this year though, no competition. He blew up so fast.

I think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was way better than Cruel Summer and I really think they could've done better. No doubt they will next time round.