Alberto Del Rio vs Cro Cop.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Highwave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6Biz3sfhqWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Biz3sfhqWY[/video]

I don't know if this has been posted here,but thought its relevent.I dont know what shocked me most,the mask in the fight or that Del rio is legit.Im sorry he got K.Oed.

BTW If this is against any rules,Sorry I thought since pride has been out of buisness that it would be fine.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I haven't seen the fight posted here Highwave. Thank you for posting it. I remember reading where there was a fuss about Del Rio wearing the mask in the fight. Something like PRIDE didn't want to let him, but eventually they did. If someone finds it, feel free to post. He's not bad really. He's well trained in Greco and Freestyle wrestling and was training for the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics before Mexico pulled the funding for wrestling. From what I've read, he's trained under former UFC Champion, Marco Ruas.

Highwave

Reaction score
PRIDE: Are you wearing the mask?

Caras: No, I'm not wearing it. It's impossible. For the other fighters, it's not a problem. They are wrestlers. Or if they kick, they kick the legs, not the head. If I wear the mask, I cannot see. Especially, Mirko has a weird kick from the side. I know people like it but, if I use the mask, my head will explode.
:headache::09:
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/doscarasjr/interview.html
^^The whole interview plus some of JR's other fights in pride.

J...

Reaction score
You could really argue that Cro Cop was to Pride what guys like Chuck and Couture were to the UFC.

You wouldn't even have to argue that, its a fact plain and simple and I feel bad for Del Rio fighting Cro Cop during his prime would have sucked for anyone.